Klipsch R-10sw vs R-12sw?

B

blant93

Audiophyte
Hello,

I have a pretty decent sized room that i currently have a R-SW10 in, the room is 26ft x 17 ft, its a living room dining room combined since there is no dividing wall. I sit maybe 5-6 feet away from my tv where the speakers (r-15m) and subwoofer are. I found an R-12SW for $62 more dollars then i spent on the R-10SW about 20 miles from my house (a total of about $340 for the R-12SW). Is it worth the extra 60 bucks for the 2 inch bigger sub? Or will 10 be fine to fill my listening space?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
For that size of a room, you will want all the output you can afford, so yes it is worth the extra dough for the larger cone.

B

blant93

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help! Looks like ill be returning this and picking up the 12 inch

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My room dimensions are similar to yours, if not slightly bigger with an open room to the right. I ended up getting 2 15" subs. Night and day difference. Long story short, yes. Get the largest one you can.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the help! Looks like ill be returning this and picking up the 12 inch
That's a good choice, but you may want to consider a second one. You'll have the potential for smoother response, but in a big room having extra headroom is just as important. IMO.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
what ever Pogre recommends for working with your subs, do that. Check out his posts on his recent 15" sub acquisition. Take a look at those babies. Maybe you'll decide its time to start a piggy bank dedicated to a sub upgrade. BTW, I have Klipsch sub like yours.

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
If you have the ability to run subs I say go big! I want to go and rent a house just so I can buy a sub:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis