Klipsch KG4 speakers

Discussion in 'GENERAL AV Discussions' started by Outwest2952, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Outwest2952 Audiophyte

Outwest2952
    Hey guy I'm new to the forum as well as home audio. Been working on car stereos for a few year though. So I recently just got a sweet pair of KG4 speakers from my dad along with a whole bunch of old stereo equipment( turntables, amps, equalizer, cassette, and cd fm Am radio, and a few other things).

My question here is what exactly do I need to get these speakers going I don't really wanna use all the old equipment it takes up way to much room and there are way to many wires. So what do I need to get the speakers going? Can I buy just a regular receiver or do I need a separate amp and all that other stuff?

What I would like to do is use it for a home theater system but also a stereo if I want to plug a ipod in or something. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!
  2. afterlife2 Audioholic Spartan

afterlife2
  3. Outwest2952 Audiophyte

Outwest2952
    Hey thanks for the response!
    My room is kind of limited since I am in a apartment, was thinking about putting the two speakers on each end of my sofa and just running speaker wire to them. I have enough room for all the old equipment but I really don't need/want it since it's kind of dated and I don't have to much money to invest into alot of other things(college student). What I'm really looking for is something I can plug my iPod into and just kick back nothing to crazy, also if I could something I might be able to plug my blue ray or TV into for movies and such once again nothing crazy. My dad went all out back in the day but I don't need that as of now ha

As far as money goes I would say around 250 max
    Like I said I'm in college and all my money goes to school and rent.

I will also check into those models and see! I guess I was under the impression I needed all that equipment ( amp, pre amp, equalizer, tuner, ect) to even make these work?
  4. Outwest2952 Audiophyte

Outwest2952
    Anyone else got advice?
  5. ski2xblack Audioholic General

ski2xblack
    College student on a severely restricted budget? If I were you I would be tempted to save my ducats and keep it full retro, using your dad's gear, excepting the components you won't use. What amp did he give you? Is it a receiver/pre-amp, amp combo/integrated? Get an iPod dock with analog outs and run with what you have. That would be less than replacing the gear.
  6. afterlife2 Audioholic Spartan

afterlife2
    How many speakers do you have in total? If you have 5 you should be set. Maybe take a pic of them and we can help you further.
  7. Outwest2952 Audiophyte

Outwest2952
    Pretty much ski2 haha but I have a carver amp,carver am/fm synthesized tuner, carver pre amp, Adc sound shaper 2 frequency equalizer, two klipsche kg 4 all working and a few other speakers kinda worn due to time and stuff won't be using those however. Just pulled it all out of a storage shed all the wiring is still there as well. Thanks guys

Oh and I think the two speakers should be fine my apart is really small and my neighbors arnt the friendliest