S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Ok I have the klipsch f3 towers and they rock! I bought the power sound audio sub i think the xv but damn these towers are over powering it not sure why??? I have a Denon Avr-1000 amp. And my surrounds sound dull

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you run the Audyssey/setup routine? What was the resultant sub level set to by the avr, and if you changed it, what did you change it to? What settings on the sub did you use? What are all the speakers?

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
I haven't ran the audyssey setup yet. I set the sub to +12 which is the highest you can set it. The level on the sub is all the way up and set to 80hz. And the rears are jbl venues but I hardly hear them and I set the levels all the way up on the rears on the amp

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
well there you go. set everything to small and your sub will shine as intended.

and make sure to lower the sub level before you do.
Ok thank you I'll try it and see, I'll let you know

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Ok thank you I'll try it and see, I'll let you know
Ok so it did make a difference but not huge guess I just need 2 subs idk but it is hitting harder than the f3's but not a huge difference

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Ok so it did make a difference but not huge guess I just need 2 subs idk but it is hitting harder than the f3's but not a huge difference
Guess I was expecting more from a $800 sub?

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
It probably just me too because I'm use to breath taking car audio bass. I guess I shouldn't expect that in a house
Nevermind lol I'm listening to different songs OMG!!! Thank you EverettT!!!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Nevermind lol I'm listening to different songs OMG!!! Thank you EverettT!!!
you need to run the RC in the avr , then make sure you go back and change all speakers to small. There are great articles on the site about setup and I suggest you read some. Speakers and subs need to be level matched and distanced . It will only get better.

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Thanks again! I'll run it and see what happens

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis