king of the mini speakers?

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
we are finishing a guest bedroom and it will, of course, need sound. i am thinking about a sonos amp that would power mini speakers and if needed, a sub. it would also be a small all in one system that would grab my music wirelessly from a NAS so no other components needed. this also gives me an opportunity to try out a few speakers i have been kicking around in my head, speakers that probably would not work out so well in a large traditional listening room. the room is small, approx. 8'W x 12L x 7H. i have narrowed down the contenders to three in the same price range, whatcha like?

harbeth P3ESR (probably measure the worst, but i've heard them - really nice).

kef ls50

tad 2201 (if still available, and yes ADTG i know what your vote is already)

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
If I were to go on looks alone, the harbeth P3ESR would be my choice. Beautiful looking speaker.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Ratso, I see you have Salks for you mains. If your budget allows, how about a nice pair of WOW1's or CAOW1's? If you like ribbon tweets as much as I do...there is the Aurum Cantus 3Vm or Salk SongSurround with RAAL upgrade! :)

Lucky guests!

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
Ratso, I see you have Salks for you mains. If your budget allows, how about a nice pair of WOW1's or CAOW1's? If you like ribbon tweets as much as I do...there is the Aurum Cantus 3Vm or Salk SongSurround with RAAL upgrade! :)

Lucky guests!
also a good suggestion. i hate hate hate bright speakers and the RAAL's are the best tweeters i have ever heard. but i kinda want to try something different?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
The only ones I've heard are the LS 50's (in a larger room than yours, no sub) and they would get my vote. Love em and saving for a pair
Cheers, Mac

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
also a good suggestion. i hate hate hate bright speakers and the RAAL's are the best tweeters i have ever heard. but i kinda want to try something different?
Here is a pair of Aurum Cantus (with stands) for sale over on Audiocircle...
FS: Aurum Cantus V3M with matching stands. I have no connection to the seller.

Aerial 5B's would be another choice for you...not bright at all and very musical. http://www.aerialacoustics.com/products/model5b/index.aspx
And here's a look at how Aerial builds their speakers. Awesome!

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis