Kenwood KR-V7040 PROTECT mode problem

A

Airon38

Audiophyte
Hi. I've had a Kenwood KR-V7040 for years, and somewhat recently got surround sound. Since then, whenever a sudden loud sound comes on, during a movie for example, it goes into protect mode which is very annoying. I am looking to replace it (if replacing it would fix the problem) unless anyone has a solution. If anyone has suggestions for replacement receivers that are under $300, that would be great. Thanks

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Hi. I've had a Kenwood KR-V7040 for years, and somewhat recently got surround sound. Since then, whenever a sudden loud sound comes on, during a movie for example, it goes into protect mode which is very annoying. I am looking to replace it (if replacing it would fix the problem) unless anyone has a solution. If anyone has suggestions for replacement receivers that are under $300, that would be great. Thanks
What speakers are you attempting to drive?

A

Airon38

Audiophyte
The rear speakers are UBL G50s, the front ones are KEF C65s, and the center speaker is a Sony SS-CN3000P

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Your probably going to want a mid level avr that can handle 4ohm loads
Check accessories4less for a good deal, something like the denon 2313ci for $309.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I wouldn't use it to drive 4 ohm speakers at moderate levels.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
The lower the ohm the harder the load for the amplifier

A

Airon38

Audiophyte
So if I change out the front speakers to 8 ohm speakers, which I already have, would that work with the receiver I mentioned above or with the Yamaha RX-V373?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
What's wrong with the receiver I linked? If your gonna swap speakers decide on what your getting before any receiver purchase

A

Airon38

Audiophyte
I already have two Sony SS-SR3000P speakers which came with the center speaker. The only thing wrong with the receiver you linked is my dad (who is paying for the thing) might not be so keen on getting a receiver that expensive. He mainly just wants a receiver that fixes the "PROTECT" mode problem.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I already have two Sony SS-SR3000P speakers which came with the center speaker. The only thing wrong with the receiver you linked is my dad (who is paying for the thing) might not be so keen on getting a receiver that expensive. He mainly just wants a receiver that fixes the "PROTECT" mode problem.
You said 300 dollars that's 309 free shipping. I'd reconsider what your really looking to do in the long run.

A

Airon38

Audiophyte
Do you have any recommendations for good 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound systems that are about $150 or less? That also go well with the receiver you recommended

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis