Kenwood Home Theatre System Help Required !!!

U

unstopabl3

Audiophyte
Hi I would like to know if you guys can help me hook up my HTB-504 Home Theatre system which has a receiver model # of VR-507. If you guys can help me out then i will provide more details of my issue/problem but if you guys can't help me out then can you kindly provide me with links to people who can help me out with this issue. Please respond ASAP.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Many people here would be able to help you out but we need to know what other components you have and types of audio and video connections available on the other components and the Kenwood HTIB.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Kind of impossible to say if anyone can help with no idea what the issue is.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Look in the box for aome pieces of paper stapled into a book form.

This is not part of the packing. These are called "user's manuals" and is the first place to look for answers.

Your firt job is to find how to connect the speakers. Once you've fdonethat, go on the the next step.

Your DVD player most likely has one also. Again, look carefully in the box until you find that.

Now, using those two manuals, find and hook up hook up the output of the DVD player to the input on the receiver.

Once all these tasks are done, plug it in and turn it on.

Now, looking at that manual for the receiver, look for a section called "Setup" or some such. Follow the instructions in there.

U

unstopabl3

Audiophyte
Thanks alot for the warm welcome guys i'm having a great feeling about these forums.

Let me start off from beginning so you guys have a better understanding of what my problem is. A friend of mine bought this HTB-504 Home Theatre system which has a receiver model # of VR-507 and used it for a few months and then gave it to me. I have no experience with these things so i read a couple of manuals which came with the opened box and hooked up all of the six speakers with the receiver as it was showed in the manuals. Next i tried to hook up the system with my TV and got stuck in this step and need your help here.

To get a general idea of what my system looks like please follow this link

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TJHUNmceoo4/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=37600&tab=essential_info&i=113HTB504#Tab

Now once you know the specifications and equipment, to give you guys a better idea here are some home based images of the above system

I have a Samsung TXK2750 TV and this is how the back of my TV looks like

Pretty simple i know, now is it possible to hook up my TV to my HTS (home theatre system) so that all the audio comes through HTS speakers instead of the TV's speakers ??? If it is possible then please tell me what wire goes where ? If possible can you please pin-point what goes where according to the images ???

I've tried all kinds of combos and nothing works and that's why i'm asking this newb question which i'm sure you guys won't have a problem answering.

Thanks in advance

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Pretty simple i know, now is it possible to hook up my TV to my HTS (home theatre system) so that all the audio comes through HTS speakers instead of the TV's speakers ???
From what I see in the picture of the back of your TV; no, it's not possible.
unless you have a cable of satellite box.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
your TV only has inputs, no outputs.

But, they are simple inputs.

Everything you feed to the receiver will be analog and composite, that's to say a yellow RCA jack for the video and a red/white jack for audio. These three are available as one cable and I suggest you pick up about four of these.

First, connect one yellow jack from the receiver's video monitor out (and tie corrosponding red/white monitor audio (rec) out.

Now, connect the yellow/red/white cables from your various sources to the receiver's inputs. You should be jake.

U

unstopabl3

Audiophyte
I don't want to spend any money on this right now and want to set up the system as it came.

Yes i've got rogers cable and I have a digital box/receiver given by rogers called " Scientific Atlanta Explorer 1840" Here are some pictures of this box

I also have a Zenith DVC2200C DVD player and here is a picture of that

So can you please help me setup my system with this information. Will greatly greatly appreciate it :bigsmile:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Follow the instructions given by markw. That is the only way to connect everything given the TV only has analog audio inputs and composite video.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Normally, I don't crack on what someone spends on a system. but...

...if you're to G-D cheap to blow five bucks on three or four yellow/red/white cables at the corner dollar store to solve your all your problems, then you've just wasted a lot of our time.

Give the system to someone who can appreciate it.

U

unstopabl3

Audiophyte
...if you're to G-D cheap to blow five bucks on three or four yellow/red/white cables at the corner dollar store to solve your all your problems, then you've just wasted a lot of our time.

Give the system to someone who can appreciate it.
I'm sorry Mark i didn't mean to offend you sir, what i was trying to say is that my friend told me he had used the same system already with only the stuff he gave me so i didn't want to spend extra money to buy something extra ... but nvm.

I bought 4 RCA plugs (gold plated) and the first one I put according to what you told me (from first side one yellow plugged into the receivers Monitor Out jack, one white plugged into the receivers white Monitor REC OUT (Audio) jack, one red plugged into the receivers red Monitor REC OUT (Audio) jack. You didn't advise me where to put the second side of this wire but I figured it goes into the TV jacks, so i hooked them up in the tv. I turned on my receiver and speakers and still i hear sound coming from the TV sounds system instead of the home theatre system. What am i doing wrong ? Also in my last post i mentioned i have a DVD player as well and would like it to include that into this setup, please help me with that as well ??? Thanks in advance

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If you don't want the sound fed to the TV either turn it's volume down or disconnect the red/white audio jacks from the monitor out jacks on the back of the receiver. Now, no sound will be passed to the TV ...ever.

...unless, of course, you use the TV's internal tuner.

U

unstopabl3

Audiophyte
If you don't want the sound fed to the TV either turn it's volume down or disconnect the red/white audio jacks from the monitor out jacks on the back of the receiver. Now, no sound will be passed to the TV ...ever.

...unless, of course, you use the TV's internal tuner.
Okie if I unplugged the red/white jacks which were plugged into MONITOR REC OUT and now i don't hear sounds from my TV but i don't hear any sound from the theatre system speakers either. I failed to mentioned to you that i hooked up my DVD player with another yellow/red/white cable and now I can watch a movie on my TV while i hear sound from TV and not my theatre system. What might be wrong ? Why don't i hear sound from my theatre speakers ???

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well now, that's interesting.

I have no idea what you did, nor am I goiing to try to figure it out.

What I will suggest, however, is re-read post 7 here. I'll paraphrase it.

1) Connect the red/yellow/white plugs from a source component to an open input on the receiver.

2) Repeat until all sources are hooked up or until you run out of inputs.

3) Connect a yellow plug cable from the yellow monitor out on the receiver to the only yellow jack on the TV. Don't bother with the red/white audio since you don't want it out of the TV.

If that doesn't get you out of the woods, I'm stumped.

good luck.

L

Loxxa

Junior Audioholic
Tell your friend or whever you got it from to show you how to hook it up. It's not hard you just have to use some common sense.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Hey now!

Tell your friend or whever you got it from to show you how to hook it up. It's not hard you just have to use some common sense.
You preemptively stole my line! That was going to be my next (and final final) post, if needed. :rolleyes:

And, from your second line it appears I've had a negative effect on you. Be careful. Remember, arrogance and sarcasm is a deadly combination unless mixed carefully.

You do seem to be getting the hang of things here though

(yes, I know. Upgrading him from analog to digital sound on the DVD would have been my next step, but if he can't get past the basic setup, then it'll never happen, at least with me.)

Last edited:
L

Loxxa

Junior Audioholic
You preemptively stole my line! That was going to be my next (and final final) post, if needed. :rolleyes:

And, from your second line it appears I've had a negative effect on you. Be careful. Remember, arrogance and sarcasm is a deadly combination unless mixed carefully.

You do seem to be getting the hang of things here though

(yes, I know. Upgrading him from analog to digital sound on the DVD would have been my next step, but if he can't get past the basic setup, then it'll never happen, at least with me.)
I wasn't trying to be arrogant or sarcastic... lol I was just giving the easiest option "Can you show me how to hook up that system you gave me?" it seems more obvious to ask his mate first. Or maybe say in the simplest of terms that output means "coming out of" input means "going into"

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Don't sweat it, Nova guy. I wus havin' fun wid ya.

I wasn't trying to be arrogant or sarcastic... lol I was just giving the easiest option "Can you show me how to hook up that system you gave me?" it seems more obvious to ask his mate first. Or maybe say in the simplest of terms that output means "coming out of" input means "going into"
Yes, that would be the obvious answer, which begs the question "Why didn't he go there in the first place?"

Something tells me that the guy who gave him the system doesn't have the patience to try to explain it to him. Either that, or he tried and failed. After what you've seen here, can you really blame him?

L

Loxxa

Junior Audioholic
Yes, that would be the obvious answer, which begs the question "Why didn't he go there in the first place?"

Something tells me that the guy who gave him the system doesn't have the patience to try to explain it to him. Either that, or he tried and failed. After what you've seen here, can you really blame him?
Well he must have eventually figures it out because he's not posted anymore replies

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis