KEF R900 vs. PSB Synchrony One

S

SirFrancisDrake

Audiophyte
I've auditioned both of these models and I'm very impressed with both. Unfortunately, I have not heard them side by side, or even in similar systems. Has anybody compared these side by side? I would like to hear your assessment of the sonic differences.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have a feeling that you will have a difficult decision even if they were side by side. :D

We need to see a Stereophile or NRC measurement of the R900 to objectively compare because subjectively they may be so evenly great.

S

SirFrancisDrake

Audiophyte
Yes they are both very good... what I thought I heard when listening to them separately was a touch 'easier' sound in the high frequency from the KEF and perhaps better a better soundstage. I like the PSBs very much, but I think the KEF is perhaps a touch more forgiving with poor recordings.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You can't loose by choosing either one as both are exceptional speakers. I will have to disagree AcuDefTechGuy at this point ( :eek::D sorry big guy) in looking up the measurements. Go with the one that sounds best to you. Both have measured extremely well. Its time to determine which measurements best suits your hearing. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You can't loose by choosing either one as both are exceptional speakers. I will have to disagree AcuDefTechGuy at this point ( :eek::D sorry big guy) in looking up the measurements. Go with the one that sounds best to you. Both have measured extremely well. Its time to determine which measurements best suits your hearing. :)
I agree. Definitely go with the one that sounds best.

I was just saying that if both speakers sounded equally great in every way - like in a tiebreaker. :D

So the tiebreaker would be price, aesthetic, measurement, etc.

How they sound is more important than how they measure IMO.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree. Definitely go with the one that sounds best.

I was just saying that if both speakers sounded equally great in every way - like in a tiebreaker. :D

So the tiebreaker would be price, aesthetic, measurement, etc.

How they sound is more important than how they measure IMO.
The tie breaker would rest with the souse/gf . :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis