JVC Amplifier + Quality Speakers

T

Twexcom

Audioholic
Hello.

I have a 520 watt (peak I think) JVC Mini System.

I can connect other speakers to it as well. Would I get a significant improvement in sound quality if I connected higher quality speakers like JBL, Pioneer, BIC America or Inifinty?

How much would the quality of the JVC amplifier affect the performance of those speakers?

I really need some help with this.

I cannot replace the JVC.

Thank you. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Your JVC system was only intended to be used with the supplied speakers. The woofers and tweeters/midrange are powered by two different parts of the head unit (cross-overs) and would not sound the best with other speakers.:)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
To add to what seth said,your mini system is not 520 watts,you should understand that 520 watts is an obscene amount of wattage & not likely to be packaged in any mini system,manufacturers rate all in one systems using simple math.

Amplifier power at 1khz = 70 watts short term peak.(real world measurement,about 15 watts).

Built in subwoofer max power handeling = 250 watts short term peak.

Left speaker max power handeling = 100 watts short term peak.

Right speaker max power handeling = 100 watts short term peak.

Add all the numbers together & the manufacturer can claim 520 watts total system power,this is not a realistic or honest way to measure or advertise wattages,just an example but you get the idea how manufacturers skew the specs to make their product look powerfull.

Real world specs would be around 15 watts for the amplifier,maybee 50 watts for the sub & around 30 watts for the speakers.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Further, the amp may be rated at 2 or 3 ohms and have about 5 watts peak power @ 8 Ohms, full range at low distortion.

T

Twexcom

Audioholic
Thank you for your advice. :)

It is rated at 6 ohms.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis