edro

Audiophyte
Dude looks awesome... Can wait!

BTW here's Mark hard @ work :D

Thanks dude

mattsk8

mattsk8

Full Audioholic
Dust mask?!! Looks like you got some fiber in your diet that day!! Nice build btw! Wish you weren't so far away :(, would love to listen to it :). Although, I do get to Louisville every once in a great while just for that absolutely SICK skatepark you guys have!

jinjuku

jinjuku

It's called not breathing.... :D

Anytime you are coming in just shoot me a PM ahead of time. I have the edro's 2nd sub hooked up right now and man oh man.

mattsk8

mattsk8

Full Audioholic
It's called not breathing.... :D

Anytime you are coming in just shoot me a PM ahead of time. I have the edro's 2nd sub hooked up right now and man oh man.
I can only imagine! I see chasing rattles all over his house in the future :D

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Jinjuku, from some of your posts on other threads, I took your advice and bought two of the Infinity Reference 1262W's. My setup is: 3 Stentorians for front right, left and center speakers, 4 Sten II's for rear and rear surrounds, and I am planning the two Infinity 12's for subs. My problem is that I haven't found a detailed plan in any of the posts where you recommend the Infinity 1260 or 1262's. Would the enclosure in this post be a good one for the two that I have purchased? If not, do you have a build thread that you can recommend for me to look at to get an idea? I thought about the Crown XLS1000 to power the pair.

Thanks,

Matt

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Sealed you go with 1.5 cubic foot. For ported click here.
Ok. Thanks. I was hoping for a bit more detail than that. I'm not experienced with box design. I built the 3 Stentorians with no problems but I had a very good design and also a build to reference (thanks PI). I think the biggest concern I have with the sub build would be bracing and the port (of which the link you reference does not show). Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Sealed you go with 1.5 cubic foot. For ported click here.[/QUOTE

Ok. Thanks. I was really looking for a bit more detail. I do not have experience with enclosure design so I was hoping you could give advice on a specific plan or build. My biggest concern is the bracing and the vent (neither of which are called out in the link you referenced). I had no problems building the 3 Stentorians but I had a good design and very good build to follow (thanks PI). Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Sealed you go with 1.5 cubic foot. For ported click here.
Could you give a little more info on a box? I am not an experienced box builder. The Stentorians I built were not hard to build but I had a very good design and build thread to follow. My biggest concerns for the subs are the bracing and the vents (dimensions and locations).

Thanks.

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Any specifics on brace and vent dimensions for the vented box? I'm not an experienced box designer so I'd like a little more info if possible.

Thanks.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Any specifics on brace and vent dimensions for the vented box? I'm not an experienced box designer so I'd like a little more info if possible.

Thanks.
Vent dimensions are already there. two 4X.75 spans going horizontal to vent should do the trick midway up in the middle of the cabinet.

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Ok. Thanks. One thing I did notice was that the link you sent me to is for the 1260 and I have the 1262. Not sure how much it matters but some of the driver specs/ paramaters are different. Does that change the box?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok. Thanks. One thing I did notice was that the link you sent me to is for the 1260 and I have the 1262. Not sure how much it matters but some of the driver specs/ paramaters are different. Does that change the box?
Nope, use the same box. The 1262 allows for either 2 or 8 ohm wiring. So you have some flexibility on amp selection.

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Nope, use the same box. The 1262 allows for either 2 or 8 ohm wiring. So you have some flexibility on amp selection.
Ok. Again with the newbie thing here but should I wire it 2 ohm or 8 ohm? Does it depend on what you are using it for? I think I can figure out how to wire it but not sure why one would wire it one way vs the other.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok. Again with the newbie thing here but should I wire it 2 ohm or 8 ohm? Does it depend on what you are using it for? I think I can figure out how to wire it but not sure why one would wire it one way vs the other.
Wiring is dependent on amp. Example: You have a DVC 2 ohm speaker capable of 600 watt RMS , 900 watt program, 1100 watt peak.

You could do an amp like the Behringer iNuke 1000DSP, wire the voice coils in series (4 ohm) and bridge the Behringer for 750 watts at 4 ohm.

So 600 watt driver, 750 watt amp all a 4 ohms.

In the case of the Infinity 1262w wire in parallel for 2 ohms and drive with 1 channel on the Berry for 350 watts (leaves one channel free).

M

Mathu12

Enthusiast
Wiring is dependent on amp. Example: You have a DVC 2 ohm speaker capable of 600 watt RMS , 900 watt program, 1100 watt peak.

You could do an amp like the Behringer iNuke 1000DSP, wire the voice coils in series (4 ohm) and bridge the Behringer for 750 watts at 4 ohm.

So 600 watt driver, 750 watt amp all a 4 ohms.

In the case of the Infinity 1262w wire in parallel for 2 ohms and drive with 1 channel on the Berry for 350 watts (leaves one channel free).
Ok. My plan is to build two separate subs and power them with a Crown XLS or I could use the Behringer. Would it be better to use an external amp or buy two plate amps?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok. My plan is to build two separate subs and power them with a Crown XLS or I could use the Behringer. Would it be better to use an external amp or buy two plate amps?
The Crown XLS1000 Drive Core if you aren't willing to fan mod a Behringer.

T

Tieftoener

Audiophyte
My plan is to build two separate subs and power them with a Crown XLS or I could use the Behringer. Would it be better to use an external amp or buy two plate amps?
Yup, Crown XLS for sure. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis