Just saw all the new NAD Amps/ recievers

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
Just saw the new T series recievers / amps.. seems they're going to have a 5 channel amp again, doesn't seem the 973 changed much in the new model however the new model up from the T163 pre amp is SO nice. Projected retail was $1995 thats 500 up from the 163 so it's gotta be a lot better( going by NAD's theory of lots of gain for little money). From the quick glance that i got to see it, I noticed that it had 4 HDMI inputs, cross conversion in all analogue formats, and XM radio ready. seems like those features are also on the T773 replacement. I'll try to get model numbers and more lists of features but for now looks pretty exciting. I know they're gonna show all this at cedia but thought i'd be the guy to get it all out first (think i'm first) :p

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
yes it's a full line change.. the replacement has xm, hdmi and cross conversion/ up conversion If i can get another look at the amps i'll let you know.. looks pretty nice though.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Note to NGL_BrSH

not much interest on NAD on this site:( . When I first became a member I was asking about the Nad t753 and response was limited so I bought a denon 3085 with no regret.:D

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I hope more companies bring out new higher-end 5-channel gear. 7-10 channels are wasted on most people who simply don't have the room. I've been thinking of getting a Sony TA-E/N9000ES combo on Ebay. Just to be a 5.1 purist snob ;)

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
well you can always bi amp your mains with a 7 channel amp / 5 chan config :D

O

outsider

Audioholic
any idea how well NAD mates with B&W.
I just picked up a pair of B&W CM6s and I'm considering NAD for a CD player, amp, and preamp.

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
I am a NAD dealer (not a B&W dealer though) and I can say that a NAD product will work well with your speakers. Their power ratings are conservative, but true. That is a good thing. I have had nothing but success with their products and my customers love them. Very reliable.

O

outsider

Audioholic
it's good to hear from a NAD dealer.
the other electronics I am considering are Rotel and Marantz, both of which mate fairly well with B&W.
I really like they way they sound, so I am curious if NAD has a similar sound.

Also, the C542 CD player comes highly recommended from an audiophile....

shaun3man

Audiophyte
Hi,

This is just what I have been waiting for. I was going to get the t753 in silver to match the rest of the hifi, but was off by the buzz reviews, plus it was becoming out dated. When will the new models be available to buy in the uk? Also does anybody have pictures of the new models? I would love to see them.

Regards shaun

JKnPA

JKnPA

Junior Audioholic
NGL_ BrSH...............

Please check your "Personal message" folder.
Thank you.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Due to the lack of NAD enthusiasm on this site, I have to ask do NAD even supply anything to USA?:confused:

B

buckyg4

Junior Audioholic
davo said:
Due to the lack of NAD enthusiasm on this site, I have to ask do NAD even supply anything to USA?:confused:
How sad.. IMHO.. I would take a NAD over 95% of the equipment mentioned on this site (i.e. Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer).. My only preface is that I believe in music first then home theater though and I have not heard NAD in a home theater application. Hopefully they got the quality issues worked out in this update since it really seemed to plague the review stream

Joseph Audio RM7XL
Cayin A-88
RWA Modded SB3

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
buckyg4 said:
How sad.. IMHO.. I would take a NAD over 95% of the equipment mentioned on this site (i.e. Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer).. My only preface is that I believe in music first then home theater though and I have not heard NAD in a home theater application. Hopefully they got the quality issues worked out in this update since it really seemed to plague the review stream

Joseph Audio RM7XL
Cayin A-88
RWA Modded SB3
Nad are great audio components but became stagnate both in looks and features for some time. Thus I felt since home theater was as important as listening to music I spent my money on the denon even though I was looking at Nad. I did however read somewhere that worldwide Nad and Denon are both major players:) .

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm powering my PSB Platinums with a NAD integrated, and I think it sounds just fine.

On the AVR end, I think they fell behind the mega-companies (Onkyo, Sony, Denon), simply because in the last few years it seems you had to upgrade your entire line every 6 months for the latest & greatest features. (Like the great HDMI 1.3 catastrophe).

Example: the 'Master Series' M15 pre-amp costs $3000, but only has component video for half its video inputs, and a mear 2 HDMI (not 1.3) inputs. There are $900 AVRs with more connectors than this. I'm sure it sounds better, but why didn't they just wait a year unil they had 1.3 and enough HDMI inputs to satisfy ther customers? You buy an M15 now, by Xmas 2007 you'll need the $4000 M16! finally with Dolby TrueHd and DTS-HD. With a $3K price tag I wouldn't be suprised if this isn't exactly "flying off the shelves" (The M3 integrated has been taking some critical flack on a few forums, I was offered one at 1/2 MSRP and wasn't interested).

D

davo

Full Audioholic
I would think that a company that prides itself on quality of music reproduction, as well as HT, such as NAD would be pretty quick to get the lossless formats onto its equipment asap.
Here's hoping...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis