Just installed Logitech Harmony 1100 remote

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Geez, this was just too easy. Plug it into your PC with internet connection and tell it the model numbers of the equipment you want to control and bingo, you're all done! It sets everything up for switching to and from all of your inputs for each piece of equipment and you only have to use one remote for everything. Will have to investigate the RF entender for using it outside on the patio for zone 2.

Big brownie points from the wifey tonight! Think I'll be sleeping in tomorrow morning! :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Geez, this was just too easy. Plug it into your PC with internet connection and tell it the model numbers of the equipment you want to control and bingo, you're all done! It sets everything up for switching to and from all of your inputs for each piece of equipment and you only have to use one remote for everything. Will have to investigate the RF entender for using it outside on the patio for zone 2.

Big brownie points from the wifey tonight! Think I'll be sleeping in tomorrow morning! :)
As long as you aren't too far away and the building materials aren't too dense, it works fine from outside. If yu need to be outside of the range on the original extender, you can add one somewhere between your outside area and the system- it will act as a repeater but you may have some delays. Using the help button may help but it won't allow you to see what changes have been made because it doesn't so two-way communication.

However, if you have a newer Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha or Onkyo receiver and an iPhone/iPad and good WiFi range, you dan download an app that will allow you to control the receiver AND see the changes.

Last edited:
timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Yeah your 3311 should have an APP that will allow you to control the receiver within you wifi range. You just connect the 3311 via LAN, install the APP on your smartphone, follow the onscreen directions & thats it.

My RX-A2000 works great with the Yamaha APP. I can be anywhere on my property (not huge) & control my 2 zones with ease. I have complete control over my AVR, Rhapsody etc. Friends always trip out on me being able to turn on music, change volume & songs from my iphone. Its very convenient.

Here is a tip: if your wifi signal is a little weak somewhere on your property & the APP has trouble connecting try this. Get a small cardboard box, unfold it & cover it with aluminum foil. Place it behind your router like a little satellite dish. Aim it in the direction of the weak area. I saw this on YouTube & it suprisingly worked great for me. My backyard used to drop the wifi signal on my iPhone. Now i get 2 bars no problem! There are other ways to boost but none that are as cheap & easy :)

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Thanks, yeah I can control my AVR with my laptop via WiFi so I guess I could take that outside. Just can't change channels on the cable box with it like the Harmony can do.

My phone is a Blackberry and I haven't found an app that works for the Denon AVR yet.

During the setup process of the Harmony I saw something about a Wireless Extender but answered no since I didn't think I had any other modules. I thought it meant the RF Extender which I didn't get yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis