Just Bought My Anthem Statement P5

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
I had Parasound Halo A21 and wanted to by another 5 channel but due to lack of space, more money and the deal I got on P5 I decided to go with P5.

What do you guys think is it overkill for my system (see signature)?

How would you rate Anthem over Parasound?

I defenitely loving all the power and clean sound from P5.

Your opinion please..............

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
What do I think? I think it's an awesome amp. Sweet toy! And if you ever decide to change hobbies, you can always use the P5 as a welder.

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
seems no one is really interested in sharing there view.
Come on guys.............i wanna see some action.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe it's just too awesome for words. I taken some long tender looks at the P5 myself but to me, it's like the HT version of a Victoria's Secret supermodel. Great to look at but out of my league.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Mmmm.... P5.

You don't need speakers. Just a VERY shiny silver fork. :D

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats Manish.....

Its an amazing amp, plenty powerful and dynamic for those speakers, I'm sure its made a nice improvement on your system....

Looks like a good next step would be to upgrade that Yamaha receiver, I assume your looking at Pre-Amps down the line...

I was at a buddies house and he has a Yamaha receiver and implemented a HT bypass with a Parasound 2100 just for 2 channel listening... sitting down and A/B at the push of a button revealed huge differences in the width and depth of the soundstage.... I would have never thought that drastic of a difference would happen.... The Parsound has some nice DAC's which really opened up the sound.

Today I'm headed to a meet in chicago to listen to Mark Seatons products, should be a fun day... :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think you had an awesome 2 ch amp and now you have an awesome 5 ch amp.....

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
As much as I like my XPA-5, I’m insanely jealous and I’m never speaking to you again:p:D

Good show man - enjoy:cool:

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Nice Amp. Feel like replacing my Cinepro 3K6 with that, but not enough funds at this time. Enjoy that awesome power. Whats next the processor or you have that already?

B

bmac

Audioholic
Great pick! I second the question, what Pre-Amp are you looking at ? Was it a great deal you couldn't pass up, or just made up your mind to spend some income tax cash? I've got tons of questions!

1.) Did you run a second circuit(for the second plug)?

2.) New or used?

3.) How many other amps did you consider, and how much?

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Wow :eek: That is quite the amp. It must be nice knowing you can throw just about any speaker setup at that beast and not have to worry about it! :D

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
Congrats Manish.....

Its an amazing amp, plenty powerful and dynamic for those speakers, I'm sure its made a nice improvement on your system....

Looks like a good next step would be to upgrade that Yamaha receiver, I assume your looking at Pre-Amps down the line...

I was at a buddies house and he has a Yamaha receiver and implemented a HT bypass with a Parasound 2100 just for 2 channel listening... sitting down and A/B at the push of a button revealed huge differences in the width and depth of the soundstage.... I would have never thought that drastic of a difference would happen.... The Parsound has some nice DAC's which really opened up the sound.

Today I'm headed to a meet in chicago to listen to Mark Seatons products, should be a fun day... :)
Thanks Warp.
I would say I have read multiple threads where people mentioned time-over-time that Amplifier does not make sound quality different great apart from amplifying and giving the ability to play loud. But from my own experience with P5 I have to doubt in mind that a great amplifier do make a great and sweet difference in listening in terms of details, soundstage and clearity.

You are right I eventually want to get into Pre-Pro (shhhh......wife have doubt but not yet sure) but will enjoy this for a while as P5 made very significant dent to my pocket.

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
Nice Amp. Feel like replacing my Cinepro 3K6 with that, but not enough funds at this time. Enjoy that awesome power. Whats next the processor or you have that already?
Hi & Thanks.

No, I do not have pre yet. Sometime in near future I will definitely look at this. For now just want to enjoy the great feeling.

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
Great pick! I second the question, what Pre-Amp are you looking at ? Was it a great deal you couldn't pass up, or just made up your mind to spend some income tax cash? I've got tons of questions!

1.) Did you run a second circuit(for the second plug)?

2.) New or used?

3.) How many other amps did you consider, and how much?
I have not think about any pre-amp seriously yet, although have thought about companies who have great reputation Anthem, Parasound, Krell and McIntosh.

Actually before buying the P5 that's where I was hesitating whether is it really mandatory to connect both plug with two different circuits then I read a pro review and guys mentioned he did the whole review by connecting both plug into same circuit like any typical resident have. So to answer your question no it is connected on single circuit. And sound is great, not sure if connecting to two different circuit will make any difference if at all.

I bought it used ( almost 1.5 years) great condition looks new.

As mentioned I had Parasound A21 before jumping to P5. I liked the Parasound also but I think P5 is much quieter comparing to Parasound no noise what so ever. With Parasound I used to hear little noise coming from tweeters but with P5 it is completely quiet.

And yeah no tax money yet, haven't file my taxes yet.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Hi & Thanks.

No, I do not have pre yet. Sometime in near future I will definitely look at this. For now just want to enjoy the great feeling.
Just wait till you get a good preamp, you'll be amazed. You'll hear things you never heard before and the punch on a good pre/pro is just amazing. I just went from a Rotel 1066 to a B&K ref Series 2 and my system just came to life.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Just wait till you get a good preamp, you'll be amazed. You'll hear things you never heard before and the punch on a good pre/pro is just amazing. I just went from a Rotel 1066 to a B&K ref Series 2 and my system just came to life.
I guess after a preamp or prepro upgrade he can upgrade the speakers and then his system may just "came to life" again for yet another time, and then after that................:D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
With Parasound I used to hear little noise coming from tweeters but with P5 it is completely quiet.
Congratulations! The P5 is an amazing amp but the A21 is also a good amp and should not produce "noise". Did you get it check out?

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I guess after a preamp or prepro upgrade he can upgrade the speakers and then his system may just "came to life" again for yet another time, and then after that................:D
It's amazing how your system keeps coming back alife when you start upgrading. The question is when is it enough, the answer is never.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis