JSE infinite Slope 1.8A new additions!!

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
Hey guys,

I was very excited to find a pair of excellent condition infinite Slope speakers. I already have a pair of Model 1 Speakers that I had to completely redo. They are awesome sounding speakers! I drove to Manhattan from Philly to pick up my 1.8A's bought them for $250 and drove home happily. I hooked them up the next day and gave them a little power and ran them for about 30 min. turned everything off and came home to listen to some music only to find that two of the woofers (one woofer from each cabinet) had no foam left:eek: So i called the company that still deals with servicing them (Sourcespeaker) and got a quote of $95 for each woofer. I am going to replace all 4 woofers while i'm at it. I am still excited about them and I was scared of the age of a foam surround on a speaker that is 20yrs. old but it gives me a reason to recondition. I am driving them with my Yamaha RX-V3000 receiver. Just wanted to share my joy!!!
Chuck

tried uploading pics. but the file was too big i think?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of them, but I have heard Joseph Audios with the infinite slope x-overs and they do sound amazing. Congrats.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
They are the same crossovers that Joseph Audio still uses. Sourcespeaker (John Sollecito) is the designer and still helps the JSE guys out!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Chuck, instead of replacing the entire driver, you can get the woofers re-foamed at a fraction of the cost.

I also have a pair of speakers from Source Technologies and I'm very happy with them.
I've talked to the owner John, and besides being very passionate about his speakers, he's a very nice guy. I had some shipping damage and he and his wife were very helpful. I agree with Walter about their customer service.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I just got a quote from parts express to re foam, and they want $53 for each woofer. Figure that does not include shipping either! I can get a brand new woofer for $95 each!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If you're handy they have DIY kits if so inclined.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I would love to re foam the speakers myself but I don't think I could center it as perfectly as it would need to be? I don't know what woofer he will be replacing it with but my hopes are that he upgrades it to a speaker with a rubber surround!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am sure it fits in such a way that it will sort of align itself. A buddy of mine is self admittedly not that handy and he was able to refoam his speakers with no problem, so it can't be terribly difficult.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am sure it fits in such a way that it will sort of align itself. A buddy of mine is self admittedly not that handy and he was able to refoam his speakers with no problem, so it can't be terribly difficult.
The smart speaker guys all talk about cutting the dust cap off and using shims to center the voice coil on the pole piece. Don't get me wrong, I ignored their advice when it came time to re-glue the spiders on a pair of sub drivers but now I don't trust them. :rolleyes:

W

walker17

Enthusiast
jse

I am using the JSE model 2s for my mains and model 1s for the rears and am very interested in how the 1.8s sound withe the new woofers. I had to replace the surrounds on my woofers a couple of years ago and considered replacing the complete woofer, wasnt sure how that would work out, really like the sound quality of these speakers! Let us what you think!

John

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis