JEFF BECK - Performing this Week... Live at Ronnie Scott's - Blu-ray Reviews.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Jeff Beck - Performing this Week... Live at Ronnie Scott's.

*** This is one of my very favorite Live Music Concert on Blu-ray, from my quite reasonable Concert Music Blu-ray collection.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Blu-ray title to all here, and would love to read your comments. I cannot say enough, just with words, how much I love this Blu-ray gem. That's a rare treasure, for sure.

* Here's few reviews for a very small taste of it (the real deal is in the listening experience):

1. @ http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2532/jeffbeck.html

2. @ http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Jeff_Beck_Performing_This_Week_Live_at_Ronnie_Scott_s_on_Blu-ray_Disc.shtml

3. @ http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4327&show=review

***** Again, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. *****

Last edited:
T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for this. I have this ordered from Deep Discount (along with way too many others!) and can't wait to watch it. I bought the Crowes' Freek N Roll Blu, also. Was not too impresed with it. It's going up for sale.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have this concert on DVD. Very good concert! :cool:

john72953

john72953

Full Audioholic
Don't yet have it either. It was a choice however. I picked up the ERIC CLAPTON & STEVE WINWOOD: LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDENS instead.

John

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I'm a HUGE fan of JEFF BECK. I got tons of CDs of him. I love all his latest stuff. For me, he is right there with Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Satriani, Eric Clapton, Doug MacLeod, Harry Manx, Ronnie Earl and few more too, well less known, as some of the best guitar players in the world.
I played guitars for over 40 years, and JEFF BECK runs through my veins.

This Blu-ray Live Music Concert of him, live in my Soul.

If you're like me, and love great guitar playing, this BD is an absolute must.

H

Harrison476

Junior Audioholic
I'm a HUGE fan of JEFF BECK. I got tons of CDs of him. I love all his latest stuff. For me, he is right there with Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Satriani, Eric Clapton, Doug MacLeod, Harry Manx, Ronnie Earl and few more too, well less known, as some of the best guitar players in the world.
I played guitars for over 40 years, and JEFF BECK runs through my veins.

This Blu-ray Live Music Concert of him, live in my Soul.

If you're like me, and love great guitar playing, this BD is an absolute must.
I first got the DVD-A by mistake. The sound was good but the video wasnt great. So I exchanged it for the Blu-ray format. The video was much better and sound was also great. I was also impressed with the Bass player, 0000!!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
If I may say...

I first got the DVD-A by mistake. The sound was good but the video wasnt great. So I exchanged it for the Blu-ray format. The video was much better and sound was also great. I was also impressed with the Bass player, 0000!!
The Blu-ray Video resolution is fine, it's not a killer picture, but it's still very good.
The quality of the Audio is better, again not a giant true killer, but vey much satisfying.
What truly shines, is the energy of the musicians from the band, the excellent performance on guitar from Jeff, the performance by the two girls singers, and the aura, the spirit from the audience. It's that magic communication between active (musicians) and less active artists (listeners from the audience) that is the true esssence.
Also the place, that Theater where it was recorded is a very cool place.

Overall: Pure Synergism from one of the greatest. A synoptic synapse of a synopsis. :cool:

Bob

H

Harrison476

Junior Audioholic
The Blu-ray Video resolution is fine, it's not a killer picture, but it's still very good.
The quality of the Audio is better, again not a giant true killer, but vey much satisfying.
What truly shines, is the energy of the musicians from the band, the excellent performance on guitar from Jeff, the performance by the two girls singers, and the aura, the spirit from the audience. It's that magic communication between active (musicians) and less active artists (listeners from the audience) that is the true esssence.
Also the place, that Theater where it was recorded is a very cool place.

Overall: Pure Synergism from one of the greatest. A synoptic synapse of a synopsis. :cool:

Bob

Very Much Agree- right on description!

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Have you checked out the extras on the BD? The five or so rockabilly songs are great! They are almost worth the price of the disc. Gotta love a little slap-back electric. No doubt the man can play. This has become one of my favorite music/concert discs.:)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I was going to ask of Tal Wilkenfeld was still in the band but I found it.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
This Blu-Ray has taken the #1 spot in my music video collection. Every time my wife leaves the house, I play it again, LOUD. :cool:

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
This is Beck at his best. Vinnie and Tal are amazing also. Most of these concerts I watch once, then sell on ebay. This one is definitely a keeper!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis