JBL HDI surround options?

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
I have a dilemma and looking for possible options. I am strongly leaning towards getting the JBL NDI 3800’s and 4500 center. However, i will have difficulty in placement if I get the 1600’s. There is also a good chance I’ll simply suck it up and make it work. Is it possible to find a suitable wall hanging surround replacement? I’m looking for options if any. What about the Revel s206? So I’m guessing I need to either get the entire JBL NDI SERIES or move on to the Rebel f208’s and all their matching stuff. It would be really nice if JBL offered a wall hanging surround to got with the NDI‘s.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Important things to consider:
You do not need to match your Surrounds and Rears... or Atmos, for that matter, to the Front 3.
(Yes it is nice to get matching gear... but sometimes you have to roll with it, too. :) )

With a rear port, you should try to avoid any flush mounting to the wall.

Something simple like this, allows you to aim and tilt the speaker a little, and keeps the port off the wall::
This does not require any drilling into the speaker and many have used them without damaging their gear.

Hope this helps!

:cool:

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah you don't have to match your surrounds but when you're looking at really solid Mains like the HDi's why wouldn't you want a totally seamless system with matching Surrounds

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah you don't have to match your surrounds but when you're looking at really solid Mains like the HDi's why wouldn't you want a totally seamless system with matching Surrounds
I been trying to talk him INTO the HDIs over several threads. ;)

If I were to shop OEM speakers today, these are up there on my list. Every review with good measurements show these to be excellent speakers.

That said, JBL Sythesis also offers in-walls which could be an option for hard to place Surrounds or Rears and would at least keep voicing as close as possible.

But I'm also the kinda guy that would sacrifice space to put a speaker on a stand exactly where I want it to be for performance. :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The HDI 1600 would be a good selection for wall mounts . Although not sure of the weight on these .

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Assuming they are sold as single units, the net weight is 22lbs. Easily withing the weight limit of the bracket I linked to, above. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis