JBL Floor Speaker L 890

J

jeffvee

Audioholic
This is a new line for JBL. It's the Studio L series. Has anyone heard these ? I am able to get special pricing through JBL ,so it only makes sense in terms of my wallet, that I take advantage of it. I hear it is a step up from the Northridge series,but beyond that I don't know much about their audio quality.
I have a nice subwoofer and am running everything through an H/K AVR 630.

Comments?

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
they look ultra nice ... especially with the grills off.

apparently they have some sort of special tweeter (its 4-way, other than the regular tweeter) that plays the 20k and above frequencies.

these came out right after I bought my speakers, so I didn't have a chance to demo them. but the store guy said he still preferred the Infinity Beta over this one. (dont know if he was buttering me up because i bought the beta)

J

jeffvee

Audioholic
Infinity Beta vs JBL

Which Beta did you buy?

I should mention that I currently have a pair of the JBL E 100'S, and wanted to upgrade to another JBL or Infinity speaker (special pricing as well) because at the time I didn't own a subwoofer.Now I have the JBL L 8400 600 watt -er. The JBL 100's have dual 10" woofers, and have plenty of bass by themselves. So, I'd like something that offers a little more midrange sound without sounding hollow or tinny.

If I do decide to go with the Beta, and all my current speakers being JBL ,will that have an adverse effect on audio quality?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
They are all the same company underneath. The JBL and Infinity car speakers are literally the same, with different dressings.

I haven't heard much from Infinity, but I like the JBL's i heard for movies. Very dynamic speaker. I also go to a JBL THX theater alot, and I really like the sound.

Its a shame there isn't more reviews.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I bought the Beta 50 for my fronts. (might not win against your e100's dual 10"s)

think Infinity as to Lexus
and JBL as to Toyota

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis