JBL Control 28 as home theatre speaker!!

D

devilmaycry6

Audiophyte
Hi, I am using a jbl 5.1 home theatre SCS 250.5BK and Harman Kardon 171 A/V receiver. now to make it 7.1 I added a pair of jbl control 28 as front speakers. now my center speaker got weak. is control 28 good for home theatre? how to improve the center speaker sound?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Did you rerun the EzSet auto calibration on the receiver? If not, do that and it will probably fix your problem. It's entirely possible that the Control 28 speakers are more sensitive than your original speakers. I didn't find JBL 250.5 online, but I did find 200.5, and if that's what you actually have - then the Control 28 speakers are more sensitive.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
You can simply bump up the Center Channel Trim on the receiver. This will not affect other speakers.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, I am using a jbl 5.1 home theatre SCS 250.5BK and Harman Kardon 171 A/V receiver. now to make it 7.1 I added a pair of jbl control 28 as front speakers. now my center speaker got weak. is control 28 good for home theatre? how to improve the center speaker sound?
Get a JBL Control speaker, to replace that little center speaker
Then after that, make adjustments with the receiver.

D

devilmaycry6

Audiophyte
Dear Adam,
Thanks for your reply. my home theatre model no. is JBL SCS260.5BK . Simply Cinema. before adding the control 28 it was function well as a 5.1 home theatre. But now I could heardly hear the rear and rear back also.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis