It's turned into an addiction

H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
a long time ago........
I put KST Spearhead apes and heated grips on mine over last winter. Have done a bunch of upgrades, tuner, bassani pipes, legend suspension just to name a few.

F

Focus SE

Junior Audioholic
Since buying my setup within the last couple months I've become obsessed with getting the best sound I can.`
;)
Hi my name is HarleyDave and I have a problem.
A collective Hi HarleyDave
If I had a dollar for every time someone asked why I bought what I did or why I would spend that much. I could buy the rest of the crap I want that no one will approve of.
For all those people that ask why you would have set it up that way, have never been married. A smart married man gets the stuff in the house before the true end cost is exposed. Placement and anniversary rings to be negotiated later.

Last edited:
H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
Roger, I lived in Fayetteville back in the sixties. Snowmobiled for 42 years, Tug Hill was but one of our destinations.
My son and daughter in law live in Fayetteville. Tug hill just got slammed with close to 3ft of snow. We do alot of ATV riding tug hill area.

H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
If I had a dollar for every time someone asked why I bought what I did or why I would spend that much. I could buy the rest of the crap I want that no one will approve of.
For all those people that ask why you would have set it up that way, have never been married. A smart married man gets the stuff in the house before the true end cost is exposed. Placement and anniversary rings to be negotiated later.
I live by easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. I've bought quite a few new trucks and bikes and just brought them home to surprise her.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Even though I am no longer married, I was fortunate that she was into audio too, once properly initiated. She still is, at least when she comes to my house. Subsequently, the few relationships since were also into music and we spent many a night with it as a thing to do together.

It never occurred to me that there was such a thing as WAF with regard to audio equipment until a few years ago. Music was just one of the things we would have to have had in common, or there likely would not have been more than two dates to start with.

I put the brakes on the hobby when my kids were young, but as soon as they were old enough to know that the dust caps weren't push buttons, it was back out in full force. It would just look weird to not see a bangin stereo system at the end of the living room.

When I was growing up in the '60s, my parents had a large console system and they had friends over for music and dancing frequently. Seems everyone in their circle had similar setups and social events at their homes as they all took turns visiting. We also had a well used piano in the home and that was often a thing for them to do as well.

I dunno but, I think a better description for WAF would be more accurately described instead as. . .NPD.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis