Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't ride a mountain bike with my insurance coverage in mind, have done many years without any at all. Doubt many really factor that into their activities. Just an old tired argument by those who think they need to not pay for our general health but only specific privileged people....
You need to stop telling other people what they think and want. If anything, I think that living in Milwaukee has made me believe that more people should do for themselves, rather than demand it from others- MKE was a welfare destination for a long time because it was easy to get, easy to increase and easy to scam. Would you be OK seeing welfare recipients being caught for fraud, wearing expensive clothing, jewelry and driving expensive cars?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, I really like the way socialized medicine sounds so far.

Tell us more. :D
Sure:
> You won't be handed a bill when you leave the hospital/doctor's office.
> Nobody tells you who you must see for care.
> The doctor determines/approves what treatment(s) you get, not an insurance company.
> The tax burden is much less than private insurance premiums.

highfigh

highfigh

Sure:
> The doctor determines/approves what treatment(s) you get, not an insurance company.
Will we have to wait for treatment that's not considered mainstream or may be somewhat less than critically necessary? Will they cover IV drug users, or will some conditions come with it, to prevent excessive burden on the system? Will research continue, or will it whither, like a plant that someone forgot to water? How would you develop a plan for 325+ million people and how would the influx of people from other countries who enter illegally matter? Would they be covered equally? Remember, over 45% of US wage earners pay no income tax.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sure:
  1. After they get done taxing you up there, you wouldn't have any money left to pay a bill with. :D
  2. I get to pick doc's and/or surgeons too. Whoop tee do.
  3. Not true at all. Long story and you wouldn't care anyway but not true.
  4. Doesn't like 60% of the Canadian dollar go to tax? Besides that, paying less for sh!t care would make sense.
But hey, nice to see you around, making trouble as usual. :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Will we have to wait for treatment that's not considered mainstream or may be somewhat less than critically necessary?
There's no yes or no answer to a question like that. It depends on what a hypothetical universal health care system is set up to cover. That varies from country to country.

Will they cover IV drug users, or will some conditions come with it, to prevent excessive burden on the system?
In Canada, If a person qualifies for a health card*, he gets treatment. Just like smokers, drinkers, skiers, skydivers, mountain climbers, etc.

*Citizens and Permanent Residents. Others, like refugees, I'm not sure about, but I think so. If you are here illegally, you don't qualify. If you turn up at an ER with blood pouring out of you, you'll be treated, certainly. Of course, all health care systems will have inadequacies. But, complaints about illegal immigrants costing taxpayers excessive sums of money is not one of them.

Will research continue, or will it whither, like a plant that someone forgot to water?
Sure it will. I understand that most medical research takes place in the US and, until recently, the vast majority has been government funded.

How would you develop a plan for 325+ million people and how would the influx of people from other countries who enter illegally matter? Would they be covered equally? Remember, over 45% of US wage earners pay no income tax.
How would I develop a plan and who would be covered? It's not for me to answer - that's up to you guys. And low income people here don't pay income taxes either. Doesn't matter, they're still covered.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
  1. After they get done taxing you up there, you wouldn't have any money left to pay a bill with. :D
  2. I get to pick doc's and/or surgeons too. Whoop tee do.
  3. Not true at all. Long story and you wouldn't care anyway but not true.
  4. Doesn't like 60% of the Canadian dollar go to tax? Besides that, paying less for sh!t care would make sense.
But hey, nice to see you around, making trouble as usual. :)
What part of "we pay less taxes towards health care than you do in insurance premiums" do you not understand?
So, what's not true and why do you think I wouldn't care?
And, $hit care? Not in my experience. I don't know anyone who didn't get adequate when they needed it. I've heard anecdotes about people who had to wait a few months for a hip or knee replacement and some people have to wait to get a family doctor - hey, I've said many times, it ain't perfect by a long shot. But $hit? Hardly.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What part of "we pay less taxes towards health care than you do in insurance premiums" do you not understand?
So, what's not true and why do you think I wouldn't care?
And, $hit care? Not in my experience. I don't know anyone who didn't get adequate when they needed it. I've heard anecdotes about people who had to wait a few months for a hip or knee replacement and some people have to wait to get a family doctor - hey, I've said many times, it ain't perfect by a long shot. But $hit? Hardly.
I've got 20 bucks says I convince you it's sh!t.

I'm off to do manual labor in Maine but when I get back I'll send you a PM with the story.

20 bucks American, not that monopoly money. :p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I've got 20 bucks says I convince you it's sh!t.

I'm off to do manual labor in Maine but when I get back I'll send you a PM with the story.

20 bucks American, not that monopoly money. :p
As I've said, there are definitely inadequacies with our system and some European models are superior. We don't have pharmacare, like most European countries, so low income folks can have a hard time managing chronic conditions. And, there is no question that if you can pay for it, you will receive no better care anywhere else on earth than in the USA. But, paying for it is where things get problematic.

I look forward to hearing from you. Since "$hit" is a difficult parameter to measure, I'll pass on the wager.

highfigh

highfigh

Sure it will. I understand that most medical research takes place in the US and, until recently, the vast majority has been government funded.
Do you see any correlation between the government ending its funding of research and the immense rise in health insurance premiums?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
There's no yes or no answer to a question like that. It depends on what a hypothetical universal health care system is set up to cover. That varies from country to country.

In Canada, If a person qualifies for a health card*, he gets treatment. Just like smokers, drinkers, skiers, skydivers, mountain climbers, etc.

*Citizens and Permanent Residents. Others, like refugees, I'm not sure about, but I think so. If you are here illegally, you don't qualify. If you turn up at an ER with blood pouring out of you, you'll be treated, certainly. Of course, all health care systems will have inadequacies. But, complaints about illegal immigrants costing taxpayers excessive sums of money is not one of them.

How would I develop a plan and who would be covered? It's not for me to answer - that's up to you guys. And low income people here don't pay income taxes either. Doesn't matter, they're still covered.
Kinda makes you wonder why Mick Jagger chose to get his heart surgery in New York City?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
All I have to say is I am glad I can get my meds at a reasonable price from Canada!
I don't know if it is illegal, but my personal physician didn't hesitate when I brought up the topic!
She faxes the Rx direct to "Canada Pharmacy World", so it is not like she has concerns about leaving a paper trail proving she knew/participated.
Same goes for my previous doctor - didn't hesitate when I brought up the topic. I think it is SOP if a patient asks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You need to stop telling other people what they think and want. If anything, I think that living in Milwaukee has made me believe that more people should do for themselves, rather than demand it from others- MKE was a welfare destination for a long time because it was easy to get, easy to increase and easy to scam. Would you be OK seeing welfare recipients being caught for fraud, wearing expensive clothing, jewelry and driving expensive cars?
What are you talking about? I didn't tell anyone what to think and want. Did you? Milwaukee isn't special by any means. Of course I wouldn't mind if the politicians actually executed on oversight of existing rules in all sorts of areas, not just welfare. We have corporate welfare in this country and I'd like to cut that off, too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you see any correlation between the government ending its funding of research and the immense rise in health insurance premiums?
We take it you do? Mostly its the waste of the insurance system I'd think. Talk about corporate welfare.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
All I have to say is I am glad I can get my meds at a reasonable price from Canada!
I don't know if it is illegal, but my personal physician didn't hesitate when I brought up the topic!
She faxes the Rx direct to "Canada Pharmacy World", so it is not like she has concerns about leaving a paper trail proving she knew/participated.
Same goes for my previous doctor - didn't hesitate when I brought up the topic. I think it is SOP if a patient asks!
This is a very common thing. My grandmother has done this for years.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
as the 'Trumpster' readies his re-election campaign rumor has it he will be running this as an advertisement ...........

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4351026/clinton-1995-immigration-sotu

with the ending ....."I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message"
He'd be a fool if he did!
For me, that clips highlights how unintelligent (and racist) Trump is when he speaks of caravans of terrorists invading our country, and also reflects that Clinton had enough humanity/compassion not to separate kids from their parents and throw them in detention facilities!
(I still don't understand how Trump saw that as a good solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis