Not open for further replies.
Dale Doback

Dale Doback

Junior Audioholic
Let's hope ole Ruth Buzzi chokes on the proverbial ham sammy. lol

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Speaking of the SC, did you catch Clarence Thomas' statement where he links abortion to eugenics? That's some tortured logic...
I’m not sure how you get a more direct link than Margaret Sanger? Please show me the mental acrobatics you need to divorce the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So, I guess a counter intelligence operation was unwarranted? Let the Russians do what they want? A candidate is above the law?
Might as well just destroy the constitution, right?
The DOJ was used as a weapon and Mueller didn't think it was worth pressing charges. Do you really want a police state?

If the American public had a brain, it would be harder to sway them but with so many staring at stupid "reality TV" shows and avoiding life, their problems and caring about what's happening, this is the result. Social media has a lot to answer for, IMO.

Keep the Constitution, remove those who want to skirt it to control the population. It's supposed to be used to control the government.

highfigh

highfigh

That bit of illogic escapes me. No one, other than Trump and his team of yes-men, claim that.
Your words drip with political hypocrisy. Apparently, it was OK during the 1990s for Republicans to investigate and disable Clinton's presidency. Although the GOP-led Congress impeached him, the Senate voted against ratifying it – keeping Clinton in office. The radical Republicans who were behind that failed effort, claimed it was their goal all along to politically disable his administration. Now two decades later, it isn't OK for Dems to investigate a 'Republican' (and I use that term loosely) president.

My words above might be interpreted as implying that the accusations the GOP aimed at Clinton and the accusations the Dems aim at Trump are equivalent. They aren't. After more than 5 years of open-ended investigations, the Independent Council Ken Starr came up without any actionable findings. As Independent Council, a position no longer supported by law, Starr had more powers of indictment than did Mueller.

With his investigation of Clinton's possible adultery, Ken Starr was criticized of crossing a line – acting more as a political hit man than as a prosecutor. Now you claim that Mueller's investigation was an effort to "destabilize" Trump's administration. How can you not see the hypocrisy in that?

Besides, Trump's words and actions destabilized his own administration. That ship sailed a long time before Mueller or James Comey were house-hold words.
They impeached Clinton because he lied.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist and the founder of planned parenthood, the largest provider of abortions in America. Sure there were eugenicists who were against abortion but Sanger is definitely not one of them and founded planned parenthood for the explicit purpose of eugenics.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist and the founder of planned parenthood, the largest provider of abortions in America. Sure there were eugenicists who were against abortion but Sanger is definitely not one of them and founded planned parenthood for the explicit purpose of eugenics.

Perhaps you didn't read or comprehend the link I provided. Some key points:

"abortion found even less support among this group. The American Eugenics Society regarded it as murder, Kevles said. Davenport and Harry Laughlin, another one of the movement’s leaders, both were strongly against it."

"Sanger made advocating birth control a central focus of her life’s work, though she did not look kindly upon abortion..." (italics are mine)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/05/clarence-thomas-used-my-book-argue-against-abortion/590455/

Thomas cited Cohen's book to support his argument. In Cohen's own words:

"The American eugenics movement overwhelmingly supported not abortion but forced sterilization. More than half of the states adopted laws like Virginia’s, which allowed the state to sterilize people it deemed unworthy of reproducing because of physical or mental deficiencies or other “failings,” such as alcoholism or poverty.

Between eugenic sterilization and abortion lie two crucial differences: who is making the decision, and why they are making it. In eugenic sterilization, the state decides who may not reproduce, and acts with the goal of “improving” the population. In abortion, a woman decides not to reproduce, for personal reasons related to a specific pregnancy."

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps you didn't read or comprehend the link I provided. [snip]
In this thread this is something that can be attributed to several posters where they will write things that are misrepresentations or direct contradictions of what, say, Muller or Barr actually says and writes (with quotes and all).

Of course one can reasonably say that a linked source on a subject is not good for various legitimate reasons, but apparently this is not what is happening here, I think.

highfigh

highfigh

Felony perjury, semantics. That was also a witch hunt, guess what comes around goes around.

Law is based on the language used, understood, modified and abused. Fail to grasp the meaning of what someone says or writes and it can be the difference between winning and losing a case.

Dale Doback

Dale Doback

Junior Audioholic
The DOJ was used as a weapon and Mueller didn't think it was worth pressing charges. Do you really want a police state?

If the American public had a brain, it would be harder to sway them but with so many staring at stupid "reality TV" shows and avoiding life, their problems and caring about what's happening, this is the result. Social media has a lot to answer for, IMO.

Keep the Constitution, remove those who want to skirt it to control the population. It's supposed to be used to control the government.
Stop making sense.

Dale Doback

Dale Doback

Junior Audioholic
Felony perjury, semantics. That was also a witch hunt, guess what comes around goes around.

Yes, I'll agree with that. Started out as White Water Investigation, ended up 3 years later with Monica Lewinsky. However, I really think the Dems (the remaining sane ones) should move on. I think it's going to really cost them.

Dale Doback

Dale Doback

Junior Audioholic
Hilarious is the nonsensical desperation of the Left.

highfigh

highfigh

I heard something about the BS gong on and for some reason, I could hear James Carville saying something like "They're gonna eat your babies!".

I think the people who are freaking out need to take a deep breath and look around- it's not as bad as they think. Employment is at a high, interest rates are low and we have some trade agreements that are better than they were, excluding the tariffs (which are SUPPOSED TO make Chinese goods seem less attractive).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Sure it is. If the Senate behaved in a non-partisan manner, impeachment would already be in process. However, Mueller couched his language to a degree that the GOP figures it can defeat an impeachment vote in the senate and get away with it with the electorate. I'm afraid it will take more than the Mueller report to get him out of office.

Regardless, despite any satisfaction that may be derived from booting him from office, do you think all will be well then? Trump goes where the wind takes him, but Pence is an ideologue, a true believer. And, they've got their majority on the Supreme Court. They're probably praying for Ruth Bader Ginsburg to kick the bucket so that they can lock down their majority for the foreseeable future.

Speaking of the SC, did you catch Clarence Thomas' statement where he links abortion to eugenics? That's some tortured logic...
Thanks.
Perhaps charging him with obstruction in Feb 2021as a civilian. :)
I heard about that logic. Insanity from a brain surgeon.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis