It's all fun and games until you break your wife's favorite vase

T

talmazor

Junior Audioholic
As I've posted before, and can be seen by the numerous FS posting I have in the classified section, I've been piecing out my old HT setup so I can move a portion of it to another room, the "family room".

So finally after months of no HT, I get the system setup enough to watch a movie, even though the TV is my 32" LCD and not the Mitsu 73" that I really want. The wife says she's going to take a nap and I should watch the kids, who luckily are eager to veg on the couch and watch Iron Man. I figure, the master bedroom is sound proofed, and on the other side of the house so why not turn this baby up a little and enjoy the old setup in the new room. Of course my Jamo Sub has a dial that teases you, it can be set from 0 to THX, and how can you say NO to THX. So we turn up the volume and start enjoying the movie.

Iron Man is practically blowing up my family room with the sound of the explosions and then suddenly CRASH, the sound of glass breaking. I quickly pause the movie and start running around to find out what broke. Finally, and very unfortunately, adjacent to the family room is the guest bathroom, which has a glass shelf above the toilet with my wife's favorite vase on it, or at least where is used to be.

The funny part, is my wife never woke up. The not so funny part is the fact that not only do I need to buy a new vase, but also double stick tape to make sure nothing else breaks. But once that's done "THX here I come" :)

H

HudMaster23

Audioholic Intern
just be happy she lets you have that sub woofer in the house. :)

J

jamie2112

Banned
Mad wife

I need a Jamo sub to match my C607 speakers. What model do you have? I want my wife mad at me too...:D:D:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is called Blu-tack :) Use it on anything you don't want vibrating around and falling over.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hee, hee! Thanks for the early morning laugh. That's a great story. Well, sorry about the vase...but still...hee, hee. :)

T

talmazor

Junior Audioholic
The sub is a Jamo D6 sub, I'm actually selling my second one in the classified section (used to be a 7.2 setup, not a 5.1).

Where can you get this Blu-tack. Home Depot?

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
LOL, I like that... from 0 to THX.

I wonder if that is a feature in their advertisement brochure.

:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

Speaking of breaking the wife's favorite vase.

One of the cats decided last night around 9 pm was a good time to jump up on a small wall shelf and knocked off said "favorite vase". And favorite vase just so happened to be located above a glass top table with a glass shelf below. Needless to say, I was cleaning up broken glass for hours.

Cat survived the fall and owners subsequent anger with no injuries. :rolleyes:

But I've been shaking things off shelves for years. Last July during the GTG at my house we managed to only break one of her ceramic figurines. I thought that was quite good for a bunch of guys with booze. :cool:

T

talmazor

Junior Audioholic
Dave - I just realized you're in Florida. Where? I'm in Hollywood.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
We had to remove everything on our shelf in the bathroom, its on the other side of the Ultra wall. Had to put felt pads on the the pictures group above the Ultra to prevent rattles, pictures need straighten frequently. And have used double sided taped on several items around the living room.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Same thing happened when ....

I tried to go back in time in my DeLorean. I think it was the reverb on the rear speakers :D :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
That sucks so bad! I was lucky not to break anything the first time I fired up my Velodyne HGS18 with the wife out of the apartment.

Still, when the marble (!!!) vase fell off the shelf directly above the couch and thudded right next to me, I hit the pause button and went on a 'What could fall?' hunt. No issues since. :D

T

talmazor

Junior Audioholic
No pictures of the system yet. It's still in the "damn I miss my HT" stage, which means you don't care about the bird's nest of wire and if the IR flasher works, you just want to turn up the speakers and watch a movie. I didn't even bother to put the face plates back on the wall boxes, just raw wire sticking out and terminated. I'm hoping to get everything organized and then I'll snap some pictures and post.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis