It worth it to add these to denon 3700?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It looks like its specifically set up to allow it. Its fairly heavy amp, not that that means much. Not to keep prying at this but i listen to my set up (home not store) extremely loud. Would it help then, or atleast add a little longer to the denons life? Thanks
If you listen a lot at reference levels, then running all channels on the 4700 does reduce maximum power output available per channel compared to running just 2 or 3 channels. Have you checked the Denon to see how hot it gets after a long listening session? Heat is the enemy of all electronics.

It seems you're really set on trying this amp, so why not give it a try then? Use it for 4 or 6 of the surround channels in bridged mode, but take note that it says 8 ohms only when bridged. Make sure your surrounds are a true 8 ohm load. You would need to find impedance and phase graphs to know for sure. It would also help to have a measurement device to match sound levels as you'll need to set the input levels on the Origin. You could use a measurement microphone and REW software, but a decent decibel meter and pink noise can help set levels as well. I think that Denon can send pink noise to individual speakers in the setup menu.

C

capitalgun

Enthusiast
Those are generically called 'bass shakers'. They are a type of type of audio tactile transducer. You can take the subwoofer output of the 3700 and feed it into the LINE 1 input of the a1250 amplifier, and the amplifier can power them. Each transducer needs a separate wired connection back to the amplifier for best results. The 50 watts of power each channel of the amp offers should be plenty to drive those units, but read the specifications of them to double check things. Use a Y-cable out of the LFE/Subwoofer output of the 3700 to feed both left and right channels of IN 1 on the A2150. Then set the dip switched on the back of the A2150 so they are using IN 1. That way the subwoofer audio will be passed to the transducers properly. There are tons of wiring diagrams for bass shakers online, but not so many which I think show how I would do it in your setup.
DENON LFE OUT->RCA Y CABLE->A2150 IN 1 inputs
A2150->OUTPUT 1 LEFT->SPEAKER WIRE->BASS SHAKER #1
A2150->OUTPUT 1 RIGHT->SPEAKER WIRE->BASS SHAKER #2
A2150->OUTPUT 2 LEFT->SPEAKER WIRE->BASS SHAKER #3
etc.
Thanks bro exactly what i needed

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis