Issues with pioneer vsx-522

T

Thadiushunt

Audiophyte
Hello.
I'm having some issues setting up my pioneer vsx-522 with my paradigm speakers/sub.

It's worth noting that im not using this with a TV, I just want a simple stereo.

I have an aux chord fir my phone plugged into the cd RCA input, and it only plays out of 2 speakers and no sub, and cuts out for a few second every 15 seconds or so.

Also, I tried using the HDMI output on my computer to the HDMI input "game" and got no sound.
My computer showed 100% volume on HDMI output, the stereo had the red light that shows it is seeing and HDMI input.

All speakers are set to small, and sub is set to on.

Subwoofer is turned on, with the volume at about 50%.

Worth noting my phone will only play when I select pure direct.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I have a Pioneer VSX-523 AVR, which is similar to yours. I have used it with my PC using the HDMI out into the Pioneer DVD input. When one uses an HDMI or other digital input, the signal needs to be selected. On the remote is a button that says "Signal Sel." that must be used; press that button and wait a few seconds. Repeat that until you get a signal.

I have no idea about your issue with the phone going into the CD input. Good luck. Peace and goodwill.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello.
I'm having some issues setting up my pioneer vsx-522 with my paradigm speakers/sub.

It's worth noting that im not using this with a TV, I just want a simple stereo.

I have an aux chord fir my phone plugged into the cd RCA input, and it only plays out of 2 speakers and no sub, and cuts out for a few second every 15 seconds or so.

Also, I tried using the HDMI output on my computer to the HDMI input "game" and got no sound.
My computer showed 100% volume on HDMI output, the stereo had the red light that shows it is seeing and HDMI input.

All speakers are set to small, and sub is set to on.

Subwoofer is turned on, with the volume at about 50%.

Worth noting my phone will only play when I select pure direct.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Have you ever connected it to a TV? A receiver needs to be connected to a TV to do the set up, otherwise it will not function properly. AV receivers are not plug and play the set up done via the on screen menu must always be completed and executed according to your needs and planned use.

If you wanted a simple stereo set up then you probably should not have bought a receiver.

The problem is though it is hard to find units that are not AV receivers that have bass management so you can use a sub properly.

Since you have an AV receiver, what have you got against using it as an AV receiver?

T

Thadiushunt

Audiophyte
Have you ever connected it to a TV? A receiver needs to be connected to a TV to do the set up, otherwise it will not function properly. AV receivers are not plug and play the set up done via the on screen menu must always be completed and executed according to your needs and planned use.

If you wanted a simple stereo set up then you probably should not have bought a receiver.

The problem is though it is hard to find units that are not AV receivers that have bass management so you can use a sub properly.

Since you have an AV receiver, what have you got against using it as an AV receiver?
I don't have anything against it. I got the receiver given to me for free and I want to use it in my studio so I can have even sound throughout the room as I play my drums. The reason I don't use it with a TV is because I already have a stereo on my tv all set up. The TV is 70" and wall mounted so it's not the easiest to get this receiver in there to do the set ups

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't have anything against it. I got the receiver given to me for free and I want to use it in my studio so I can have even sound throughout the room as I play my drums. The reason I don't use it with a TV is because I already have a stereo on my tv all set up. The TV is 70" and wall mounted so it's not the easiest to get this receiver in there to do the set ups
Well, you will need to connect to the TV at least once to do the set up, or you have a useless black box. No other options. It has to be connected to a TV for set up.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Some AVRs let you do the setup via menus on the AVR, no monitor needed. My Pio VSX-82 can indeed be configured without a monitor, but it is definitely easier to do with a monitor.

I think the suggestion from Mark of Cenla may get the OP going, but that is really more of a work-around for not setting this up properly.

As far as the phone issue--likely he should only be getting 2 channels.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I have set mine up without a TV. The auto EQ can be done from the display on the front of the AVR, for example. Peace and goodwill.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis