Is this the Denon Trap?

W

Wyngdh

Audioholic Intern
I've been struggling with my Denon 2910 and 3805 set up and expressed concern about not 'hearing' the difference of DVD-Audio. A lot of talk on the forum at the moment is that you have to connect via the 6 speaker (analogue) interconnects. But if you listen via this, the sound is muted.

Is this just a sales trap to sucker all 2910 buyers to upgrade to the 3910? I was advised against it because there was a 60% price difference between the 2910 and 3910 AND that it was just a case of one cable vs 6.

Are we now talking about thr 3910 delivering the full DVD-A (digital) mode whereas the 2910 is 'just pretend' (analogue and why the hell did we ever move to digital?) and leaves us all wondering why the hell we bought it.

This site recommends this combination in the $12000 HT set-up. :mad: :mad:

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
DVD-A over analogue is much higher quality than CD, DD, or DTS over digital so I would not class it as 'just pretend'.

The benifits of passing the DVD-A signal over digital is are the DAC's etc in the receiver are better than DVD player's, bass management, room Eq, etc.

But if someone has a good DVD-A player and a mediocre Receiver or just Power amps then they would not benifit from a digital transfer.

So it depends on each persons setup as to which transfer format would give them the best quality.

cheers:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis