S

sampi

Audiophyte
I am hoping to set up a new portable system with these parts.

-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EL4RIE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UCESP8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A1UG27DD7KR2HI

-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QVPGXK/ref=gno_cart_title_3

I will have my my touch 4g or my ipod classic as my outputting devices. I was wondering if this setup sounds good to the more experienced people in this subject? I was also wondering if it is the most economic in its price bracket for the performance I will be getting, but for the headphones they must remain earbuds because this will be getting most of its use at school and my school has a ban on electronics of all kind so i have to be able to hide it in a sweatshirt.

-Sam

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Since your school has a ban on these things, you should be learning instead of wasting our money by sitting there listening to music.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

First, I agree with Mark. If your school doesn't allow those items, then I say don't use them there.

However, since this isn't just for school:
  • There's a lot of good earbuds out there in the <$300 range. I'm not the expert on best buys in that area, but other folks here are. $280 for those Monster earbuds seems really high to me, though.
  • I'd try the the headphone jack on the Touch before spending extra money on a dock adapter and headphone amplifier. The jack on my older Nano is actually quite good and sounded clear with some high-sensitivity earbuds that I have.

R

ratm

Audioholic
I agree with both Mark and Adam. That said, I have found that for the price (which can be had for $20 occasionally on sale) these Sennheiser CX150's are fantastic with crisp highs and nice bass (quite nice). I would never EVER spend more than $50 on earbuds, but thats just me.

good luck.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
oh crap

It's wonderful we can all listen to music all of the time, but doing so at the expense of education is silly to me. Buy hey, it's your life and the world needs ditch diggers danny....:D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I would say, don't spend too much since inevitably you will be caught and may end up with them confiscated.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
It's wonderful we can all listen to music all of the time, but doing so at the expense of education is silly to me. Buy hey, it's your life and the world needs ditch diggers danny....:D
+1. That's why kid doesn't go to public school.

S

sampi

Audiophyte
Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, even though I know it can harm my education, I still like listening to music at school but I do not do it too often in class. I will look in to some cheaper options and post that later to see what you guys think about that. Thanks for all the feedback!

-Sam

P.S I have A's in all of my classes but one and I have a B in that

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis