Is there a new member FAQ anywhere?

• Thread starter Marshall_Guthrie
  • Start date
Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Hi there, I'm a long time forum user, but audioholics seems to be throwing me for a loop. Having run into several problems not addressed by the generic FAQ at the top of this page, I looked for a new member FAQ, but could not find one.

My issues:

1) Thunderbird doesn't like the RSS feed, rss2 nor rss1, any ideas? Is there an email option if rss doesn't work?

2) How do I add a signature? I went to my user cp as instructed by the FAQ, but can't find it anywhere.

3) Do you have to reply to a specific post everytime you want to post in a thread? I'm used to just being able to click reply at the bottom of the thread, and I can post a new message to that thread. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Marshall

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Hi there, I'm a long time forum user, but audioholics seems to be throwing me for a loop. Having run into several problems not addressed by the generic FAQ at the top of this page, I looked for a new member FAQ, but could not find one.

My issues:

1) Thunderbird doesn't like the RSS feed, rss2 nor rss1, any ideas? Is there an email option if rss doesn't work?

2) How do I add a signature? I went to my user cp as instructed by the FAQ, but can't find it anywhere.

3) Do you have to reply to a specific post everytime you want to post in a thread? I'm used to just being able to click reply at the bottom of the thread, and I can post a new message to that thread. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Marshall
Welcome to the forums Marshall, I have been enjoying your podcast for a while now :). I don't know anything about RSS, but to add a signature you click on User CP link and on the top left there will be a "edit signature" link. All you have to do is click that and you are good to go. (I think you might need five posts to have a signature now).

To actually post you can either quote another post or you can click the "quick reply button" which will make the box at the bottom of the thread possible to write in. This method doesn't really seem to constitute replying to a post as far as I have noticed. The quick reply button is the one to the left of the button that says thanks and looks like it has a quill on it.

Hope you enjoy the forums.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

I'm not sure if there's a new user FAQ, but I can try to help.

1) Don't know. Sorry.

2) I think that there might be a minimum post count for this, because it's been asked before...and then people show up with signatures. I'd say try after you have five or maybe 10 posts.

3) No, you can just hit the "Post Reply" button to respond. You don't need to respond to a specific post.

Hope that helps.

Adam

EDIT: Once again, my nemesis Andrew gets it first. :D Had I not been on the phone, though...

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Thank you both, I guess I'll have to cruise some threads and find some things to post on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis