Is there a difference between...

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
In terms of sound quality there will be no difference between using bare wire, pins, spade lugs (the connector you bought), or banana plugs. Spades and banana plugs are just a lot more convenient if you have to connect and disconnect the speakers.

If you bought enough of the spades for your speakers, I'd just use them but you'll have to verify that you can actually get them on your receiver's binding posts. A lot of receivers that have '5 way binding posts' don't actually accept spades because they have a little collar on the bottom.

Locking bananas are nice but you could get by with regular bananas unless you have some reason to fear that they will become disconnected easily (like if you have a child that would pull on the speaker wires. :))

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I have a Rotel RMB 1075 amplifier, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks

T

trailertrash

Enthusiast
Rotel?

Just curious, how do you like your Rotel?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
$5 is a good deal for those. I actually like these guys for one reason - the wide shape typically prevents them from ever making contact with each other when they are disconnected (at least with the bananas it does). What I don't like is the rear exit with no strain relief.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
j_garcia said:
What I don't like is the rear exit with no strain relief.
Do you know of any banana plugs that do have strain relief? I'm trying to picture what that would even look like. I like the idea of the Monster bananas because it seems simple to just fan out the wire and screw on the bottom piece. I'll never buy solder type or crimp on banana plugs ever again!

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I really like them alot. The only thing that I can compare them to is the Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated that I had. They are pretty comparable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis