Is the Wharfedale Diamond 100 series in (or coming to) the USA?

L

LiveJazz

Junior Audioholic
Some resources online indicate that the new Wharfedale Diamond 100 series will replace the Diamond 10 series. However, both audio stores in my area that carry Wharfedale only carry the Diamond 10s and higher ranges, and the owners have said nothing about impending replacements for the 10 series. Also, I've only seen these speakers for sale on UK sites. Is the 100 series being rolled out slowly in the USA, is there a ton of 10 series stock to sell, or is the 100 series just not coming to the USA?

I'd really like to hear these if possible, as many reviews indicate they are a slight step up from the Diamond 10's, which I like from the 20 minutes I heard the Diamond 10.2 and 10.7....so I'm wondering if I should wait it out, or if it ain't happening. :confused:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I've not heard about a new series from them in a while. This isn't a big Wharfedale community though. We are more Salk, SVS, Ascends, HSU, Infinity friendly.

That said if you're looking to upgrade I'd consider more than just Wharferdale's. There are many great speakers out there now.

L

LiveJazz

Junior Audioholic
Here's a link to the the Diamond 100 series...the Diamond 10s are still posted as well: http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/Products/ProductSeries/tabid/77/PID/295/language/en-GB/Default.aspx#detail

Just out of curiosity, what is the common thread between the speakers that are popular here (if any)? Does this forum tend to like a certain sound signature, or are those just ones that happen to get a lot of chatter?

I've been testing as many speakers as possible, and after having received some advice already here, and Ascends and Salks are already on my list, and now HSU definitely has my attention. I didn't know Infinity was so respected though...I always thought of them more as car speakers (no offense!).

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I spoke with Walter Schofield about this and they will be coming, {when I was eagerly waiting for someone to come up with a pair of Denton 80th anniversary bookshelfs}. Wharfedale IMO makes some of the best "affordale" speakers on the market, I have listened to sooo much stuff borderline tragic... And Wharfedale just has the sound I look for, warm, defined, powerfull but not punchy, just speakers you can listen to for days with out stop at any volume... But anyway I used to deal with BOB at Sound Imports since he was taking care of the US distribution, well now his old partner Walter is importing the brand with his company Sound Solutions.

Anyway enough of the politics, the Diamond 10's are simply amazing for the price and maybe the best deal in home theater {IMO of course}, second maybe to the ascend se line which sound as good depending on what you are comparing but offer very little in the fit and finish field...

I havent personally heard the 100's as of yet, but Im sure they will be really nice for their cost... I own a lot of whafedale speakers and will continue to buy them since they fit the sound I like, they are very popular outside the US, but inside the US, you need to search around a little to find them, Musicdirect.com has the best prices I have found and offers demo pretty often. Hopefully Mark will actually distribute and push this line as hard as they deserve. If you put these in front of the customer you will find people start talking about them much more...

If you look into WD's lines you would be surprised, the Opus speakers are incredible for LOUD defined music, {the Opus 2-3's are like 600watts with dual 10s and make an insane amount of sound}, the Jades have just as much technology in every aspect as just about any other speaker on the market, rite down to the down firing port design, Evo's are solid performers and my favorite sounding speaker, and the diamonds are as good as you are going to get for the price when putting together a mid level theater system... Plus their new heritage stuff is awesome, I can't wait to get my denton book shelfs...

Anyway, don't let the lack of dealer support sway you from the product, its worth the wait and the searching.... I dont think I have ever seen such a well made speaker, from the finish to the actual drivers ... Peter Comeau is doing a ton of work over there and the results are shown in the product...

But anyway that;s enough of a love story for one day... good luck, pm me if you have trouble finding them after the release...

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I spoke with Walter Schofield about this and they will be coming, {when I was eagerly waiting for someone to come up with a pair of Denton 80th anniversary bookshelfs}. Wharfedale IMO makes some of the best "affordale" speakers on the market, I have listened to sooo much stuff borderline tragic... And Wharfedale just has the sound I look for, warm, defined, powerfull but not punchy, just speakers you can listen to for days with out stop at any volume... But anyway I used to deal with BOB at Sound Imports since he was taking care of the US distribution, well now his old partner Walter is importing the brand with his company Sound Solutions.

Anyway enough of the politics, the Diamond 10's are simply amazing for the price and maybe the best deal in home theater {IMO of course}, second maybe to the ascend se line which sound as good depending on what you are comparing but offer very little in the fit and finish field...

I havent personally heard the 100's as of yet, but Im sure they will be really nice for their cost... I own a lot of whafedale speakers and will continue to buy them since they fit the sound I like, they are very popular outside the US, but inside the US, you need to search around a little to find them, Musicdirect.com has the best prices I have found and offers demo pretty often. Hopefully Mark will actually distribute and push this line as hard as they deserve. If you put these in front of the customer you will find people start talking about them much more...

If you look into WD's lines you would be surprised, the Opus speakers are incredible for LOUD defined music, {the Opus 2-3's are like 600watts with dual 10s and make an insane amount of sound}, the Jades have just as much technology in every aspect as just about any other speaker on the market, rite down to the down firing port design, Evo's are solid performers and my favorite sounding speaker, and the diamonds are as good as you are going to get for the price when putting together a mid level theater system... Plus their new heritage stuff is awesome, I can't wait to get my denton book shelfs...

Anyway, don't let the lack of dealer support sway you from the product, its worth the wait and the searching.... I dont think I have ever seen such a well made speaker, from the finish to the actual drivers ... Peter Comeau is doing a ton of work over there and the results are shown in the product...

But anyway that;s enough of a love story for one day... good luck, pm me if you have trouble finding them after the release...
Just in case you didn't see it for some reason.....Music Direct currently has a demo pair of the Dentons for $800

Last edited by a moderator:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
them are mine, stay away!!!!, lol They are not supposed to still be on the site... I'm either going to power them with a pair of "carver refreshed" carver M400 megnetic field amps or Quad 303's... Haven't decided yet, I have all 4 amps and their original packaging... I'm going to have custom stands made and veneered to match the dentons, for the speakers and the amps I choose to use {which ever sound better, probably the carvers}... Im going to put them in my showroom, can't wait...

L

LiveJazz

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering since it looks like the 100 series is already out and maybe they'll replace the 10's...there just isn't a lot of reliable info on this point. But maybe it's still early for them to have flowed out to every shop.

I didn't know Wharfedale had such a small presence in the USA; I guess I'm lucky to have access to a (small, vintage-focused) shop that carries much of the line, in addition to Focal...also not a brand I've seen in person elsewhere in my city. They certainly do sound sweet...enough detail to make me happy, but like you said...easy on the ears. And they're beautiful...easier to sell to my wife :rolleyes:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
One of the big factors when I went with the evo2s and sw subs was the shape and finish, my wife liked the Rosewood, and they are not just big black blocks, they have a nice shape, a nice look and the subs match the towers...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis