Irascible Old Man Strikes Again

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Tomorrow said:
Right on top of things, eh Sheep? :D

EDIT: You know what's fascinating? My new name is on all my old posts. Since your reply has my old name on it, you must have saved this for later use. Hmmm. As Arte Johnson used to say..."very interesting".
No, I just didn't read all of your post as I've heard that same argument a ho-gillion times. :D

And no again, I just knew you were RJ, just trying to bug you. :)

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Rjbudz said:
EDIT: You know what's fascinating? My new name is on all my old posts. Since your reply has my old name on it, you must have saved this for later use. Hmmm. As Arte Johnson used to say..."very interesting".
I will have to remember to do this from now on.:D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
No, I just didn't read all of your post as I've heard that same argument a ho-gillion times. :D

And no again, I just knew you were RJ, just trying to bug you. :)

SheepStar
What "argument" are you talking about? 'Twas a story, me boy. A story.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Tomorrow said:
What "argument" are you talking about? 'Twas a story, me boy. A story.
Ok, I've heard that Story a Ho-Gillion times.

SheepStar

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic
Ok so I've been reading all these posts and seems most of you are little out of touch with how things are these days. Being a junior in college I can explain how things really are. In todays world rap and hip hop are two different things. The majority of rappers out there are all talk and no show. You can pretty much compare their songs and videos to actors in a movie. It's not real, and it's not who they really are.

The whole reason hip hop songs exists are so they can be played in a club full of drunken college students and girls have some good beats to dance to and guys can either watch them get on top of the bar and stare at them or actually dance with them, and hopefully hookup with them at the end of the night. That's the sole reason for hip hop. It's all about having fun.

Those are you who are not familiar with current rap music out there need to take a listen to Jay Z's new album Kingdom Come, and Nas's new album Hip Hop is Dead. Both of these albums are gonna change up the whole rap "game." They talk about how all the music is crap these days, people can't rhyme, all they do is talk about their wealth, etc. It's not gonna be about the cars, and the rims, and the bling, and the sagging, and the thuggin', etc. Jay Z and Nas are hands down the best lyricists out there and some of the most respected rappers out there. They have the ability to switch it all up. You should really take a listen to the music on their albums if you really want to know how things are today and how they will be in the future.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
How the car trunks vibrate in a lot of those "tricked out" rap blasting cars is just ridiculous! Funny story, I was @ a car show last fall, and these guys had this really nice 1970's cadillac, restored nicely. Well they decided to drive it around the show grounds and crank their system blasting rap music. The car was vibrating and sounded like it's going to fall apart when suddenly, right as the car drove by me, one rear brake light assembly fell off and hit the street!!! They guys kept driving, somebody picked up the metal and plastic, and ran the guys down to give it to them. One of those situations where you had to be there to appreciate fully, but those of us who saw it, laughed our a$$es off!

mike c said:
but you know what I hate about these trick out car guys ... the noisy mufflers they install ... now that's an entire thread on its own ...
This is totally hijacking the thread (cause yes, that is an entire thread it's own...sorry RJ), but I too hate the super noisy mufflers. I have to laugh most of the time when I hear them since most of the mufflers seem to sound like a big weedeater! One of my neighbor's daughter has one on her old POS rice burner, and she has a tiny 4 cylinder engine that's now as loud as the stinking garbage truck. I can tell without looking when she specifically drives by my house (must be a dozen times a night, it's like she's delivering pizza from her house!). She's put a big sound system in the car too. If you're going to put a huge system in a car to pump out the bass, dampen down the vibrating trunk so your car doesn't sound like a huge POS that's about to fall apart. On that note, I don't understand buying a $500 POS worn out car & putting a few thousand $$$ into it, when in the end... you still have an old POS car, just with some expensive parts. I can understand the hobby of spending some $$$ to max out the performance of a car and fix it up like you want it, but not spending 5 times as much money as what the car itself is worth to do it! I'm sure it's fun otherwise people wouldn't do it, but I just don't understand it. I rather take all the money I'd spend doing all the pimping out of the car and just buy a nicer used car.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You should really take a listen to the music on their albums if you really want to know how things are today and how they will be in the future.
[/QUOTE]

Not as long as there are intelligent, cultured people....as in Audioholics.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

Not as long as there are intelligent, cultured people....as in Audioholics.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that music is part of a culture, just a different one. You don't have to like it, but you can't dismiss it altogether just because a few rotten eggs are taking advantage of that lifestyle.

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
Actually, that music is part of a culture, just a different one. You don't have to like it, but you can't dismiss it altogether just because a few rotten eggs are taking advantage of that lifestyle.

SheepStar[/QUOTE]

I agree, when it started it was part of a culture, once it became mainstream, peddled for a dollar, the essence was discarded. It stopped being something uniqe, it evolved into a shell of it's original, it was hi jacked by the marketing machine and fed into any imaginable selling venue from jingles for fast food restaurants to auto commercials. But, the same thing can be said of jazz, rock and to a very lesser extent (hard to believe) classical music. The only difference being: what rap evolved into has no reedeming social value.

BTW....Not that I'm cultured or intelligent:D

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
[/QUOTE]
SheepStar[/QUOTE]

Agreed but those of us who hate that crap shouldnt be made to feel as if were stupid because"we dont get it".

I might be able to get my head around rap music if rap artists(and i use that term loosely) actually played instruments,wrote songs & could sing but being that they cant & dont i'll never know.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Anybody here ever see the movie spoof about rap called "FEAR OF A BLACK HAT" ,some seriously funny stuff in that movie that pokes fun at rap stars,i laughed so hard i went out & bought the movie after seeing it on HBO.

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic

Not as long as there are intelligent, cultured people....as in Audioholics.[/QUOTE]

When I said how things will be in the future, I meant regarding rap music and that culture, not how everyone else will be.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
GettinDegreez said:

When I said how things will be in the future, I meant regarding rap music and that culture, not how everyone else will be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying:D Still, It's not for me.:)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
stratman said:
That was Seth, post 62 not me.;)
Im still all about that head of yours,every time i see one of the cave man commercials on tv i now think of you:D

That heads over the top:D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
highfihoney said:
Im still all about that head of yours,every time i see one of the cave man commercials on tv i now think of you:D

That heads over the top:D
Hifihoney....clear out some PM mail room......:)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, all the quotes in this thread just went lame.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis