Iran issues stark military warning to United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Wow!!

I just regestered thinking this was AUDIOHOLICS.COM A/V FORUM??

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Johnd said:
An excerpt from the article by Hirsch:

FKh: Is a war with Iran now inevitable? Is a nuclear war inevitable?

JH: If there is an aerial bombing of Iran, I believe it is inevitable it will go nuclear.

So it is not Mr. Hirsch quoting, paraphrasing, or in any way even referencing a top Pentagon official, or even a military officer or anayst. It is Jorge Hirsch spiff-balling...realize it as such. I really don't know what on earth qualifies Jorge Hirsch to predict what strategies the US military will pursue in war. Regardless, it's in The New Yorker, enough said?
Yes, and as quoted earlier,
The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."
That gives us three years to start funneling money over there to buy temporary peace - just as we do in Egypt. Anyone want to take a guess how much Egypt receives from America annualy? 3x10?

Iran is a very large country, with a lot of wasteland. There is no beachfront property, even though they have plenty of shoreline. It is very mountainous, especially in the south. The only benefit of Iran to the US is oil reserves. We've buddied up to Saudi Arabia, and remain friendly with our friends up north. Who's next on the list?

Rank Country Proved reserves
(billion barrels)
1. Saudi Arabia 261.9
2. Canada 178.81
3. Iran 125.8
4. Iraq 115.0
5. Kuwait 101.5
6. United Arab Emirates 97.8
7. Venezuela 77.2
8. Russia 60.0
9. Libya 39.0
10. Nigeria 35.3

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Who's next on the list?
Exactly. Like I stated earlier, let the UN do this one. When misguided people misquote the misinformed, nuclear wars can occur (at least they'll convince themselves of that).

Our resources are better spent here on alternative fuels. Let us spend our energies persuading the UN to do the right thing.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
3x10^8 said:
You're absolutely right buckeyefan, I'm not a follower of the Torah. And although I may not be Jewish, I've been educated through my Jewish friends enough to ace the quiz you just posted.
I don't believe you regarding the quiz. Having friends wouldn't enlighten you to that info unless you cheated, but it really doesn't matter. Since you have Jewish friends, I'm sure you realize how important Israel is to the US. In knowning that, you realize any threats to Israel is our concern. Here's a few facts in our "investment" of Israel (but I'm sure you already had these figures memorized).

http://www.washington-report.org/archives/April_2005/0504016.html

A good article you may enjoy:
http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_21762.shtml

Tom Malthaner
4/14/05, Italy

"US direct aid to Israel was nearly $2.6 billion in 2005, with an additional $3 billion provided by way of loan guarantees. Unlike other recipients of US aid, Israel is not required to report on how it spends any of the money it receives from the US, nor is it required to pay back the loans, according to the CRS report."

"When grant, loans, interest and tax deductions are added together for the fiscal year ending in September 30, 1997, our special relationship with Israel cost U.S. taxpayers over $10 billion. Since 1949 the U.S. has given Israel a total of $83.205 billion. The interest costs borne by U.S. tax payers on behalf of Israel are $49.937 billion, thus making the total amount of aid given to Israel since 1949 $133.132 billion. This may mean that U.S. government has given more federal aid to the average Israeli citizen in a given year than it has given to the average American citizen."

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I agree in theory, but reality makes me think otherwise.

Johnd said:
Exactly. Like I stated earlier, let the UN do this one.
the UN is, on the whole anti Israel and anti-US. They are moving towards a "one world" government and see Israel as a fly in the ointment and the US as simply the cash cow to fund their follies.

I would like to think the UN had some balls and good intentions but from their actions in the world as a whole, particularly Africa as of late, it's fairly obvious they have their own agenda and ending suffernig and fostering world peace isn't high on their list.

C

chicagomd

Audioholic Intern
This is going to get flammed to all hell given the political leanings of this website but here we go:

Turn Iran into a sheet of glass...are you kidding me? Please tell me you guys are joking about killing millions of people, and don't really think it is a good idea. Please. If you really think a pre-emptive nuclear strike is justified you need to, in the immortal words of Chris Rock, "get your *** to church" and pray God is as forgiving as some people make him out to be.

The United States as been one of the (if not THE) dominate political and millitary forces in the world for at least the past 60 years. The Middle East's political and geographic structure looks the way it does because the CIA and the US Government made it that way. WE armed Iran. WE helped to put the Shah in power and allowed the Mullahs to gain more power after his downfall. You reap what you sow.

And I am in no way, shape, or form talking about 9/11 here. We should have finished the job in Afghanistan and captured Osama. End of story. Now the millitary is spread out between 2 countries, with a 3rd on the horizon (probably will occur a few months before the next election), and no end in sight. And if you are wondering why Iran is getting so pissy, take a look at a map. The US has Iran essentially surrounded, with the norther, former USSR being the only border that is not directly controled by US forces. What the hell would you do if it was 1982 and Russia had control of Mexico and Canada. (That reminds of a great movie I need to watch this weekend...)

Before good old Rummy came into power the millitary was designed to be able to fight 2 conventional wars in different theaters at the same time. Now with our "streamlined/modern" millitary we have soldiers doing multiple tours will little rest, inadequate armor, and mercenaries handling jobs that should be done by our millitary. On top of that, politics dictate that we REDUCE troop levels, which would not be necessary if the administration had listened to its generals before this war even started and put 500,000 on the ground.

The **** we are in now has nothing to do with 9/11, it has everything to do with oil and Bush. The greatest political maneuver this administration as accomplished is convincing the public that there is a direct link Iraq, Iran, and 9/11. There is not.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
markw said:
I would like to think the UN had some balls and good intentions but from their actions in the world as a whole, particularly Africa as of late, it's fairly obvious they have their own agenda and ending suffernig and fostering world peace isn't high on their list.
So then, perhaps, it is time for the art of persuasion. The UN would have never formed if it were not for the US. Perhaps it is time for the UN to restate their purpose, and then identify how best to effect those objectives. Clearly, talk and requests by the UN and IAEA have failed miserably thus far with Iran, Korea, China, etc. The UN must now move beyond simple discussion and requests.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
chicagomd said:
This is going to get flammed to all hell given the political leanings of this website but here we go:

Turn Iran into a sheet of glass...are you kidding me? Please tell me you guys are joking about killing millions of people, and don't really think it is a good idea. Please.
It appears some people have not given this topic much thought, yet they still proffer ideas. Worse yet, if not a joke, some people simply don't care (it's millions of lives "over there" after all). These are the only excuses I can muster for some of the proposals given.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
If you really think about it, it's not like we'd be killing people, they are more like animals. Think of it as thinning out the heard. I personally think we should use RF weapons to sterilize all of them.

What a racist and narrow minded way of thinking. These type of statements are NOT tolerated on this forum. Consider this a first and final warning. I am keeping your comments here as an example of intolerable behavior we frown upon.
[ADMIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
MacManNM said:
If you really think about it, it's not like we'd be killing people, they are more like animals. Think of it as thinning out the heard.
You are including the little girls and innocent women, right?

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Yes of course.
I think I am a little bit more knowledgeable about this subject. I am 2 engrams away from being "clear" I will be ascending to fight the aliens soon, so I am trying to help you people out.

Enough with the political flammatory topics. You guys are getting too personal with these type of threads and the language and stereotypes against other cultures has gone too far. If this continues, we will eliminate all discussions of politics and religion in this area. Keep in mind this is an audio/video website. There are plenty of other forums that cater to these topics.
[ADMIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis