Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Those are some fightin' words. F them.

Yahoo headline news
AFP - 2 hours, 33 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said it could defeat any American military action over its controversial nuclear drive, in one of the Islamic regime's boldest challenges yet to the United States. "You can start a war but it won't be you who finishes it," said General Yahya Rahim Safavi, the head of the Revolutionary Guards and among the regime's most powerful figures. "The Americans know better than anyone that their troops in the region and in Iraq are vulnerable. I would advise them not to commit such a strategic error," he told reporters on the sidelines of a pro-Palestinian conference in Tehran.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
What this guy can't understand ...

...is that we're not fighting. We're simply trying to stop them from killing each other, which seems to be a way of life in that part of the world.

If push came to shove, and I pray it doesn't, we could easily take any country there back (or maybe forward) to the stone age without having a single troop set foot on Arab or Persian soil.

Last edited:
3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
markw said:
...is that we're not fighting. We're simply trying to stop them from killing each other, which seems to be a way of life in that part of the world.

If push came to shove, and I pray it doesn't, we could easily take any country there back (or maybe forward) to the stone age without having a single troop set foot on Arab or Persian soil.

Stop them from killing each other?
Yeah, just like in Iraq, where Iraqis are blowing up other Iraqis every day ever since we "liberated" them. Huge favor we did for those Iraqis and for all of our own troops that are dying for this worthless cause. What have we accomplished there???? Absolutely nothing.

As for bombing them into the stone age, what would that accomplish? There's no doubt we could obliterate the world if wanted to. But don't we need their oil? How else are you gonna fill up your Tahoe? Who cares about all the lives lost, right?? FCUK them, right!?!?!?

And Buckeyefan, here's a question... How else do you think that the President of a SOVEREIGN NATION is supposed to respond to rumours that another nation is going to NUKE them???? I don't think we would respond any differently to such threats made against us.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
They just keep at it

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer 21 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran - The president of
Iran again lashed out at
Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

The land of Palestine, he said, referring to the British mandated territory that includes all of Israel, Gaza and the
West Bank, "will be freed soon."

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat" to the Middle East, he added. "Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations."

The three-day conference on Palestine is being attended by officials of Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian territories.

Iran has previously said it will give money to the
Palestinian Authority to make up for the withdrawal of donations by Western nations who object to Hamas' refusal to recognize Israel and renounce violence. But no figure has been published.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran had successfully enriched uranium using a battery of 164 centrifuges, a significant step toward the large-scale production of enriched uranium required for either fueling nuclear reactors or making nuclear weapons.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

The
U.N. Security Council has given Iran until April 28 to cease enrichment. But Iran has rejected the demand.

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Bleeding heart.....

3x10^8 said:

Stop them from killing each other?
Yeah, just like in Iraq, where Iraqis are blowing up other Iraqis every day ever since we "liberated" them. Huge favor we did for those Iraqis and for all of our own troops that are dying for this worthless cause. What have we accomplished there???? Absolutely nothing.

As for bombing them into the stone age, what would that accomplish? There's no doubt we could obliterate the world if wanted to. But don't we need their oil? How else are you gonna fill up your Tahoe? Who cares about all the lives lost, right?? FCUK them, right!?!?!?

And Buckeyefan, here's a question... How else do you think that the President of a SOVEREIGN NATION is supposed to respond to rumours that another nation is going to NUKE them???? I don't think we would respond any differently to such threats made against us.
Speed of light,

Let me guess, you’re in college…which means you you’ve figured out everything, and there is actually no reason for you to be there and you have all the answers.

News flash: You don’t have clue!

Please answer these questions:

What % of our oil used for consumption in the US comes from Iran?

When has America threaten to nuke Iran?

When has Iran threaten to attack Israel?

When did you travel to Iraq to make your strategic assessment of the war effort there?

When has Iran openly threatened to attack American and American has suggested military action as anything other than a last resort?

I think you will find that Iran has done all the threatening, and by your own use of logic America should have already turned Iran into a glass parking lot.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I have this gut feeling you're not a big follower of the Torah.

3x10, take this quiz and let us know how you do.

http://www.aish.com/quiz/takepassoverquiz.asp

B

BMO

Junior Audioholic
Last week it was North Korea, this week it's Iran.Or best bet would be to leave the midle east, let them kill each other for awhile. Pick the ones we like the most, sell them all the weapons they need in return for cheap oil.Then sell the other sides weapons to exstend the war as long as possible.
We all make money! They just keep killing each other.Hey, they created the market, and we are a market minded people.

3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
You're absolutely right buckeyefan, I'm not a follower of the Torah. And although I may not be Jewish, I've been educated through my Jewish friends enough to ace the quiz you just posted.

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
Novel idea

let them kill each other for awhile. Pick the ones we like the most, sell them all the weapons they need in return for cheap oil.Then sell the other sides weapons to exstend the war as long as possible.
We all make money! They just keep killing each other.

Now you are starting to think like them;) . All we have done is depose an evil dictator and destabilise the most anti-american region of the world. We also created the most perfect situation for Iran to proliferate. We can do notheing, or suppose we could fight both Iran and nort Korea. That would deplete our last remaining resources the quickest. :rolleyes:

3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
Nibhaz, I've got to hand it to you. You've soooo totally got me figured out. I'm just another one of those bleeding heart liberals with his head stuck in the sand, not having figured out anything on my own cuz I've never worked a single, solid day in my life ... all because I'm in college. I believe an applause is in order.

Well, if you want to know the truth, I graduated from college quite some time ago with degrees in finance and economics, worked in the investment banking field for several years and now I'm in Med School. So I guess I owe you an apology for having sought out an education, probably unlike yourself by the way it sounds. Sooooo... to answer your questions...

What % of our oil used for consumption in the US comes from Iran?

What I learned in my finance and econ classes was that there is this magical little concept called the law of supply and demand. Iran is one of the nations that supplies the world with oil. If, let's speak hypothetically here, Iran were to stop producing oil, the supply would significantly decrease, but demand would stay the same. As a result, those nations that can't get oil from Iran would have to go to another source, and as a result, the price of oil would go up because everyone wants the rights to that limited supply. Therefore, the U.S. is indirectly receiving oil from Iran. Another way that the U.S. is "indirectly" receiving oil from Iran is through Iran's trading partners. The simple scheme goes a little like this: Iran sells its oil to the British and Turkish (the two primary ones that actually do this)--->The U.S. buys oil from the Turks and the Brits. Hmmm... Guess what... the U.S. just purchased Iranian oil.

Although the U.S. has never formally threatened Iran with a nuke threat, there was a recent article in the New Yorker in which Seymour Hersh supposedly spoke to an anonymous high ranking official (I believe in the Pentagon) who claimed that the U.S. was drawing up plans to nuke the Nuclear facilities. President Ahmadinejad was merely responding to those claims.

When has Iran threaten to attack Israel?
Never... To do so would be a declaration of war, last time I checked. Prove to me they have threatened to attack Israel.

When did you travel to Iraq to make your strategic assessment of the war effort there?

I was next door in Iran last summer. Also, I know many Iraqis personally who are extremely disturbed with the situation over there. Soooooo, I may not have seen things first hand, but trust those who have a first hand account of the clusterfcuk that the U.S. has created over there.

When has Iran openly threatened to attack American and American has suggested military action as anything other than a last resort?

I have no idea what you're asking here. Do you mean just like war was used as a last resort in Iraq? I think I've already answered this above.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
~JC~ said:
[/B]Now you are starting to think like them;) . All we have done is depose an evil dictator and destabilise the most anti-american region of the world. We also created the most perfect situation for Iran to proliferate. We can do notheing, or suppose we could fight both Iran and nort Korea. That would deplete our last remaining resources the quickest. :rolleyes: [/B]
America has not even begun to neither deplete nor use its strategic power. I will admit that use of ground forces in three theaters of operations after the mid to late 90’s military reduction would probably be beyond America’s capabilities; however ground forces would not necessarily be required to win a conflict that involved N. Korea and Iran simultaneously. Conventional weapon platforms launched from sea and air would be enough to bring either country to its knees if America would actually pull the gloves off and practice the art of total war as displayed in WWII.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Well 299,792,458 metres per second,

Well, if you want to know the truth, I graduated from college quite some time ago with degrees in finance and economics, worked in the investment banking field for several years and now I'm in Med School. So I guess I owe you an apology for having sought out an education, probably unlike yourself by the way it sounds. Sooooo... to answer your questions...

I apologize for assuming that you were still in neverland. Actually, I have received my higher education also and was quite accustom to running into to your type of naivety while I was in college which is why I assumed you were still in neverland. Again, my sincerest apologies…:rolleyes:

What I learned in my finance and econ classes was that there is this magical little concept called the law of supply and demand. Iran is one of the nations that supplies the world with oil. If, let's speak hypothetically here, Iran were to stop producing oil, the supply would significantly decrease, but demand would stay the same. As a result, those nations that can't get oil from Iran would have to go to another source, and as a result, the price of oil would go up because everyone wants the rights to that limited supply. Therefore, the U.S. is indirectly receiving oil from Iran. Another way that the U.S. is "indirectly" receiving oil from Iran is through Iran's trading partners. The simple scheme goes a little like this: Iran sells its oil to the British and Turkish (the two primary ones that actually do this)--->The U.S. buys oil from the Turks and the Brits. Hmmm... Guess what... the U.S. just purchased Iranian oil.

Supply and Demand what a grand concept, I never heard of that before, thanks for enlightening me. That exact same concept has shown me that the relationship in the price of sweet crude oil per barrel and the price seen at the pump are not following this simple set of rules, thus suggesting that the situation is a little more complex. But I’m sure you’re right, slowing down the America, economy do to increased oil prices, is not worth America’s security. Driving that SUV is more important than being safe…didn’t think so:cool:

Although the U.S. has never formally threatened Iran with a nuke threat, there was a recent article in the New Yorker in which Seymour Hersh supposedly spoke to an anonymous high ranking official (I believe in the Pentagon) who claimed that the U.S. was drawing up plans to nuke the Nuclear facilities. President Ahmadinejad was merely responding to those claims.

Big news flash there! Are you so naïve to believe that America has not run a battle simulation to counter almost any obvious threat…? This is not being hawkish but rather prudent from my point of view. Iran has decided to construct many of their enrichment facilities in underground bunkers and America has nuclear weapons designed to deal with such situations as a last resort. America has tried and continues to try a diplomatic approach to the situation, but what happens if diplomacy fails I ask you? I have you ever played chess? Try playing a game without ever considering your opponent’s next set of moves and only reacting after they move. That’s what you are suggesting America’s defense policy should be…:confused:

Never... To do so would be a declaration of war, last time I checked. Prove to me they have threatened to attack Israel.

This statement make me wonder whether or not you live in a fallout shelter, or rather if your head is really buried in sand.

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October 2005 when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

More recent rhetoric:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ct=title&ie=UTF-8&ncl=http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=573202006

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=573202006

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/14/iran.israel.reut/

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/14/iran.israel/
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-04-14T163747Z_01_BLA456123_RTRUKOC_0_UK-IRAN-ISRAEL.xml

I was next door in Iran last summer. Also, I know many Iraqis personally who are extremely disturbed with the situation over there. Soooooo, I may not have seen things first hand, but trust those who have a first hand account of the clusterfcuk that the U.S. has created over there.

That's nice. I know many Iraqis who have thanked me personally. I have first hand experience some of which has been covered here. If you want to discuss this portion of your post the proper place to do so would be in this thread.

I have no idea what you're asking here. Do you mean just like war was used as a last resort in Iraq? I think I've already answered this above.

No, no you did not, I am still waiting.:D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Those are some fightin' words. F them.

Yahoo headline news
AFP - 2 hours, 33 minutes ago

We'll have Rummy do it on the cheaper this time. He had plenty of practice and should get this one right.:D

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I wonder how many nukes it would take to turn Iran into a sheet of glass? Anyone interested in seeing the worlds biggest parking lot?;)

What a narrow minded way of thinking. These type of statements are NOT tolerated on this forum. Consider this a first and final warning. I am keeping your comments here as an example of intolerable behavior we frown upon.
[ADMIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BMO

Junior Audioholic
Now you are starting to think like them;) . All we have done is depose an evil dictator and destabilise the most anti-american region of the world. We also created the most perfect situation for Iran to proliferate. We can do notheing, or suppose we could fight both Iran and nort Korea. That would deplete our last remaining resources the quickest. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

( No, your thinking exactly as they would have you think.)

Was Lebanon stable, Afganastan, even Iraq.? ( look at African Nations under Islamic leaders) Are there any Islamic sects who are at peace with the others . .? They are a backward people,like 1300 years back.They can never except a Jewish nation, they can never except a Republic based on our ideals.Democracy may be fine for them, because they,ll vote to elliminate whomever they wish from there little club.
As for them liking us, thats impossible until we except Allah . It's that very type of thinking that has kept them in the dark ages, like 1300 years dark.If one would like to know what happened to a great Arab society,marvelled at by the world, it was Allah. He stoped it dead in it's tracks.His teachings are carried out every time you hear about some poor souls head being chopped off. His teachings are read every day in the paper when you hear of some young innocent child blowing himself to kingdom come.Thats there mind set. It's been there mind set for 1300 years.

I'd rather us help them kill each other. Stay out and stay strong. It's not the Iran,s or N Korea's that we have to fear. It's the new upcomming power, setting on the sidelines, becomming more powerful day by day. Selling weapons to those who oppose us. Laughing all the way to the bank.

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
wrong word

BMO said:
They can never except a Jewish nation, they can never except a Republic based on our ideals.

Sorry I have a pet peeve about the use of language, especially when it changes your meaning. ACCEPT is to allow or condone. EXCEPT is to exclude.

example. The store did not accept any coupons, except for their own.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
You guys are all missing the point here. The real thing we are trying to do is get to the women in the middle east. When we get walmart, and malls, and such things that give the women a taste of luxury the men will follow. See it's simple, the women will want to shop and have their microwave ovens, and nice clothes, if they don't get them they will hold back the p*$$y and the men will be forced to follow. This is how the world really works. Walmart, save us!

Last edited:
J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
3x10^8 said:

An excerpt from the article by Hirsch:

FKh: Is a war with Iran now inevitable? Is a nuclear war inevitable?

JH: If there is an aerial bombing of Iran, I believe it is inevitable it will go nuclear.

So it is not Mr. Hirsch quoting, paraphrasing, or in any way even referencing a top Pentagon official, or even a military officer or anayst. It is Jorge Hirsch spiff-balling...realize it as such. I really don't know what on earth qualifies Jorge Hirsch to predict what strategies the US military will pursue in war. Regardless, it's in The New Yorker, enough said?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
One thing that always struck me as odd about that area...

..is that it was always known for forward thinking. Our concepts of math stem from there, many scientific theories also were initially conceived there and finally, modern civilization was cradled there.

Think about it. Since Islam reared it's bloody head, what has that area of the world contributed besides violence? Once the religious/political entity called Islam came into the picture, all positive, forward thinking stopped and religion sanctioned, no, mandated, killing started.

Once Islam took hold, the existing Christian and other peoples in that area, who were generally living in relative peace with each other, were either forcibly converted to Islam or killed. Then, they took off on an eastward journey into Europe and southern trek into Africa. They made it across Northern Africa and as far as Eastern Europe where they were stopped in their tracks. Some people tend to forget that the much maligned crusades were a direct response to these Islamic incursions, not to mention that ugly Serbia-Herzogovina (sp?) thingie a few years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis