IR Receiver Connection and emitter box

P

poweragent

Enthusiast
I have a question about the IR connection box. I have an AV closet and it was set up by a custom installer. I want to add a display (TV) the the previously set up home theater. The TV is in the Patio and the video is sent back to the AV Closet via HDBaseT RX - CAT6 - HDBaseT TX. I purchased a Gefen HDMI 2X1 Splitter because I'm using the same Directv HR-44 Box for both TV's. So, I have an IR receiver (target) stuck to the patio TV which is connected to the HDBaseT and the IR is sent on the same CAT6 cable back to the AV closet, then to the HDBaseT (TX). OK so now I want to use the existing IR connection box the installer put in. The connection box is jacked into the REC port on the connection box and the emitters go to various sources. I notice on the same connection box, there are lugs which according to the manual, can be used to attach a receiver cable that has been extended and does not have a male "Jack" on it. Can I wire in a 2nd receiver to that lug and will it continue to operate normally AND take my IR signals from the patio TV and send the output (emitters) to the sources it is set up with, thereby eliminating my need to install another connection box and stick emitters on the same sources that the other display is set to

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis