ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I am running a cheap light controller (it does this). To use it with the IR repeater I just have the two IR controller inputs taped together with the IR blaster from the repeater. Unfortunately, one side isn't quite as responsive as the other, might have to adjust the tape!!:rolleyes:.

I am curious if I can cut off the IR bits and straight wire them together? I figure I will just ask before I pull it apart and have to put it back together!:D

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I don't see the linked image. Are you wanting to wire 1 emitter to two outputs? Or the other way around.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I think you should be able to wire them together if they have the same configuration. Most IR flashers/repeater devices will use three wires. Power, ground and data.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I think you should be able to wire them together if they have the same configuration. Most IR flashers/repeater devices will use three wires. Power, ground and data.
I use cat5e to make up emitters frequently with the 3 wire configuration and have good success with it. With rf and IP routing solution devices coming down in price it's easier than every for IR and Serial control of equipment. URC is releasing some really cool components over the next few months that I'm looking forward to working with. Their gen2 CC has really expanded.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis