S

subzero

Audiophyte
I just got an Ipod Touch and am looking to move my cd collection on to it what is the best program to use to get a quality sound?

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I use iTunes and Apple Lossless encoding. Depending on your degree of pickiness, the sound quality of iTunes' "highest quality Variable Bitrate" is pretty much indistinguishable from the lossless, and takes considerably less disc space. I guess it depends on how many CDs you want to rip, and the capacity of your iPod. There are several other programs out there for organizing your music, but iTunes has been the easiest and most convenient for me, plus it interfaces seamlessly with iPods.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I agree. The compression algorithm in Itunes is quite good in its quality. My only qualm is that I have had irregular results in how the metadata gets gathered and organized by Itunes. Most of the time Artists have Albums which have Songs, but now and again, a CD will just list its songs under an Artist without the Album. Successive rippings give the same result.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Don't you have to use iTunes to move music?
You can also copy any mp3 file that you make by other means to the Iphone or Ipod and it shows up on the list of music. Itunes just makes it a little easier.

B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
I got a lot of electronic noise with my iPod Touch 16GB (1st Generation). Compared with my 160gb iPod Classic (7th Gen), there's a lot of hissing. Because of that, I only use my Touch for apps and internet browsing - I use the 160gb for music (unfortunately 160gb is too small! I need a bigger Classic...)

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

I got a lot of electronic noise with my iPod Touch 16GB (1st Generation). Compared with my 160gb iPod Classic (7th Gen), there's a lot of hissing. Because of that, I only use my Touch for apps and internet browsing - I use the 160gb for music (unfortunately 160gb is too small! I need a bigger Classic...)
That sounds like something that needs a repair. I use my IPhone for music a lot (basically an Ipod touch that makes calls) and it's quiet and sweet sounding when it's plugged into good earphones (not the ones supplied by Apple). Sounds like you need capacity anyway. I try to stick with my current 50 favorite CDs rather than everything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis