dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was in target on black friday (not in the morning, I actually needed to get something), and I saw someone walk up, hit the red test button on a sony ipod dock, turn it off after 3 seconds, then buy it. That was the only one he listened to, and it sounded ATROCIOUS. If i wasn't in a rush, I would've stopped him and been like "are you ok?":p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I was in target on black friday (not in the morning, I actually needed to get something), and I saw someone walk up, hit the red test button on a sony ipod dock, turn it off after 3 seconds, then buy it. That was the only one he listened to, and it sounded ATROCIOUS. If i wasn't in a rush, I would've stopped him and been like "are you ok?":p
You know, a couple of years ago or so, I bought a friend that lives a ways away from me a nice gift: a Monitor Audio docking station that was on sale for $100. When he would visit, and he just always loves having music on even when at friends' homes, he'd play stuff through his laptop's built in speakers. It drove me nuts. I had to help ameliorate this situation.

I've seen two different MA docks, and the one I gave was the much larger one. I think the more recent design usually might come in black, where I think his is light in color. Unfortunately, I still have yet to hear it. I wonder if either was tested in the link.

edit: btw, my friend LOVES the thing. I also think your post is funny. :p

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I think he qualifies as "unencumbered by the thought process"!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I think he qualifies as "unencumbered by the thought process"!
Maybe, but not everyone out there strive for the best audio possible. Casual listening and convenience for many and may just suit that circumstance. :D

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Maybe, but not everyone out there strive for the best audio possible. Casual listening and convenience for many and may just suit that circumstance. :D
lol... but the ipod dock sounded REALLY REALLY bad. It sounded like the speakers were made of tin cans.

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
Don't hold your breath. When he (or others at Harman like Floyd Toole) have discussed these DBT results they have usually declined to identify the speakers. They want to retain the appearance of scientific impartiality rather than using the tests to promote their products or badmouth the competition.

I offered to bribe him if he'd give me the info: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18086295#post18086295 but I haven't heard back yet.

I do wish there was more legit info available about lower-end products.

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Am I the only one here who didn't know what that meant? :confused:
C'mon ... be honest. :)
New vocabulary words for Alex to look up.

. . . He was ostensibly visiting his friends to hear some new speakers, yet had excitedly brought a Twister game under his arm. Much to his delight, he got everyone involved in the game, and while hovering as a human pretzel over everyone, he impressed them all with the largest penumbra they had ever seen, thanks to his most formidable buttocks. Unfortunately, the inordinate demands that the game placed on his body caused a most severe and involuntary bowel movement. The entire party was then horrified to see that the monkey was an autocoprophage . . .

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You got me on 3/4 words but that last one was completely uncalled for. :D

Edit: Getting the real definition made me reel back but this site was hilarious and led to more vocabulary words from the Urban Dictionary. Where in the world would you run into a word like that? :confused:

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Where in the world would you run into a word like that? :confused:
Well, I first learned of it while discussing Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow with a friend. While this book is the most formidable tour de force of the English vocabulary I have ever read, I honestly don't know if the particular word was used in there. A dictionary is an absolute must when reading this completely insane novel. If the word was indeed in the book, it was definitely without the "auto". However, there is coprophagia that occurs in the story, yes, and it's tough to get through. Anyways, that is the hardest book I've ever finished.

This has got to be the most awesomest AH tangent, ever.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This has got to be the most awesomest AH tangent, ever.
I'm impressed. :)

It's certainly the first time I have ever read something here that made me pull my head away from the screen with a grimace and an audible sound of distaste. Congratulations are in order. :rolleyes: Sicko. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
New vocabulary words for Alex to look up.

. . . He was ostensibly visiting his friends to hear some new speakers, yet had excitedly brought a Twister game under his arm. Much to his delight, he got everyone involved in the game, and while hovering as a human pretzel over everyone, he impressed them all with the largest penumbra they had ever seen, thanks to his most formidable buttocks. Unfortunately, the inordinate demands that the game placed on his body caused a most severe and involuntary bowel movement. The entire party was then horrified to see that the monkey was an autocoprophage . . .
I had to look up autocoprophage. Then go wash my hands...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis