IPOD Docking Station for Yamaha

J

JHAWK5

Audiophyte
A little help please ..........

I am looking for an IPOD docking station for my Yamaha RX-V2600. I bought the Yamaha YDS-11, but in looking at my manual I do not believe the connecting pin configuration will work on my RX-V2600.

The Yamaha YDS-11SL says it is a universal connection. Is this via HDMI ?

Any help would be appreciated .........

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
A universal connection does not imply HDMI - or any particular connection type for that matter. I suggest you look at the cable that came with the ipod dock. It has no resemblance to HDMI - and the 2600 manual makes no mention of ipod. IMO it has no resemblance to any plug I've seen before - but then I don't use ipods.

If you want an easy way to connect your ipod get a 1/8" mini male to rca cable and connect it to a pair of unused analog inputs and use that. You can't control it and you can't charge it from your remote/AVR - but you sure can hear it. The cable should cost no more than $5 at Radio Shack.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. As Knucklehead mentioned, there isn't such an iPod connection on the RX-V2600. The YDS-11SL uses Yamaha's "universal dock" connection, but you must have a "universal dock compatible component." Unfortunately, your 2600 isn't one of those.

G

GSXR_Rider

Enthusiast
I have a couple of YDS11 Yamaha docking stations - they require a specific Ipod docking input on the back of the receiver.

It is a convenient but imperfect solution for listening through an Ipod. I find the lack of a simple search function a real headache (I have 60gb+ of music to sift through manually with a "page down" only type search). Unfortunately I do not know if there is a really perfect solution avail for interfacing Ipods with home audio. If there is I have yet to see it yet.

With that said the sound from a good, moderately priced CD/SACD player is usually so superior to most MP3 recordings on a nice home system that I really only use the Ipod dock at home sparingly. Most of my MP3 library is not stored at the highest avail bitrate and I just do not feel like going back and reloading all the music into Itunes as it is too time consuming to be worth it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis