Inundated with Audioholics

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe you should come over to my house to see our tiny set-up. Then you'll be happy to turn on your system.
[/QUOTE]
After listening to Sonus Faber Stadivari at Harvey's and Focal Grand Utopia in Middletown I ended up in therapy, took me a long time to get back to half nomal and now you want me to listen to the Sig8. I don't know if I am that daring.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Coming back to your own system is much easier when it's set up properly and behaving nicely. Of course you can't hit the same SPL's but so long as your system isn't committing huge errors of commission (TLS term) it will still be enjoyable to listen to. However if you're currently cranking the piss out of BLOSE that you paid $3,500 for and you hear some Sig8's you will likely just slit your wrists.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Coming back to your own system is much easier when it's set up properly and behaving nicely. Of course you can't hit the same SPL's but so long as your system isn't committing huge errors of commission (TLS term) it will still be enjoyable to listen to. However if you're currently cranking the piss out of BLOSE that you paid $3,500 for and you hear some Sig8's you will likely just slit your wrists.
Just kidding. I do enjoy my system, now even more then before. Since you calibrated it, it's like a whole new upgrade for me. I never realized how important proper calibration is, never did pay much attention to it. BTW the plasma looks good, another calibration by Alex. Thanks....

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
After listening to Sonus Faber Stadivari at Harvey's and Focal Grand Utopia in Middletown I ended up in therapy, took me a long time to get back to half nomal and now you want me to listen to the Sig8. I don't know if I am that daring.
I don't have the Sig8. Strata Mini's from the company "not to be bought from" and Infinity Primus. It's a very modest system.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Something weird happened. A member PM'ed me to ask what I thought of some speakers. It occurred to me that I was ill equipped to give those kinds of kinds of opinions due to tinnitus and possibly some other hearing damage. I don't hear 5k Hz worth beans because I'm always hearing 5k Hz ... so my impressions are a little suspect. It's a little complicated but it should be known. It hadn't entered my head that somebody would take my opinion seriously before.:eek:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
When ??

I was hoping we would get re-Inundated with each other :eek:.
I was thinking about the mini GTG and really think it would be kewl if we did it again, an all day affair with all the fixins.Now who is up for such behavior and where to meet up, I would gladly have everyone to my house but I do live at the southern most tip and really don't have the set-up to get funky with, not yet anywho but maybe soon I suspect. What do you guys think of the Pioneer SC -27 receiver it is in the Elite series, Is it overpriced at 1299.00 that is the lowest it has been for about a year , paired up with my Elite Blu Ray player :D, could be nice, I have read over the specs a thousand times and still don't know what I read :confused:. I would appreciate some input on this one, Have a good day and stay COOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I say we all rent one of those vans with a bunch of seats and drive to Adam's house in Arizona and eat all his food while he's at work. Rick really did have the set up for that type of thing. Cheryl and I do best entertaining couples due to our condo dweller status. I think it's pretty amazing that five of us got together to begin with. I'm hoping to meet Jeff over a bite to eat up in Boston. That's only an hour away. I'm glad I made the effort to come out to Jersey though. That was definitely a great experience for both Cheryl and myself.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I expected way more pictures of this, you guys suck.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I say we all rent one of those vans with a bunch of seats and drive to Adam's house in Arizona and eat all his food while he's at work. Rick really did have the set up for that type of thing. Cheryl and I do best entertaining couples due to our condo dweller status. I think it's pretty amazing that five of us got together to begin with. I'm hoping to meet Jeff over a bite to eat up in Boston. That's only an hour away. I'm glad I made the effort to come out to Jersey though. That was definitely a great experience for both Cheryl and myself.
You better leave your sense of humor at home for that one....;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I say we all rent one of those vans with a bunch of seats and drive to Adam's house in Arizona and eat all his food while he's at work.
Have you seen what he eats??? Nothing but veggie corn dogs and bird food. A meat eater like you would starve before the workday was through.;)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Hungry ?

Somehow I knew this would turn into a food discussion , come to think of it I was hungry when I made that post this morning ;)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I expected way more pictures of this, you guys suck.
These wires are what helps get the chocolaty bass.:D
I had them in the freezer up until about an hour before you guys got here.
Since they're the only speaker wires visible, I got something a little fancy.
Cobalt Cable 10-AWG, at the time they were about $80 per pair.

Those blue things are what's called Ionozation nebulizers.
They use a combination electrospray/microwave induced plasma (MIP) ionization source is used as the ionization source for a mass spectrometer. The electrospray can be operated in positive mode, negative mode, or it can be switched off. The microwave-induced plasma can also be switched on or off. This allows the instrument to be operated in multiple modes. With the electrospray off and the MIP on, the instrument will normally have its maximum elemental sensitivity. Mixed mode operation potentially allows the determination of additional information about the chemical constituents present in the analyte. In pure electrospray mode, it is possible to obtain molecular information and to analyze organic compounds.

So.....I got that going for me too.:cool:

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I was hoping we would get re-Inundated with each other :eek:.
I was thinking about the mini GTG and really think it would be kewl if we did it again, an all day affair with all the fixins.Now who is up for such behavior and where to meet up, I would gladly have everyone to my house but I do live at the southern most tip and really don't have the set-up to get funky with, not yet anywho but maybe soon I suspect. What do you guys think of the Pioneer SC -27 receiver it is in the Elite series, Is it overpriced at 1299.00 that is the lowest it has been for about a year , paired up with my Elite Blu Ray player :D, could be nice, I have read over the specs a thousand times and still don't know what I read :confused:. I would appreciate some input on this one, Have a good day and stay COOL
Maybe Sept sometime; it's cooler then. I'll look into some dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis