Interference from subwoofer cable -- help please!

M

muckydog

Audiophyte
I have a home theater setup with an NAD T762 receiver and a Sunfire Super Junior subwoofer. Whenever the subwoofer is connected to the system, I hear very loud interference when I turn on the system. The noise is fuzzy, but it sounds like I am picking up an FM radio station. I have tried to switch out the subwoofer cable and also to use a different subwoofer input on the receiver -- to no avail. It's not the subwoofer, because the noise occurs even if the the subwoofer is unplugged. The moment I pull out the cable, the noise goes away. Another strange fact -- the noise tends to subside (but doesn't go away entirely) 5 or 10 minutes after the system has been turned on.

I would appreciate some advice -- this has been driving me crazy! Is there anything I can do to make this go away, other then doing without a subwoofer???

T

tubesaregood

Audioholic
Use a very thick, heavily shielded cable if you're not already.

Other than that, try wrapping the cable in tinfoil and playing really loud music with lots of bass. That will get rid of the problem. :D

Sorry I can't help more.

A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
You mention a subwoofer input to the receiver-do you mean a subwoofer output? Also, how long is your cable, and is it a line level interconnect or a shielded cable?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis