Integra annouces new DTR-30.5 A/V Receiver - Have mine on order

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
As an DCH-80.3 Owner I was looking to have separate 2 speaker setup for my bedroom with the ability to expand to 5.1 . I was about to pull the trigger on the Marantz NR1604, but just uncovered this:

Integra DTR 30.5

Key features that attracted me to this unit
- Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) - Stream uncompressed 1080P from android devices to receiver
- Build it WiFi & Bluetooth
- Decent AMP, this unit also has 7.2 preouts
- My dealer is an authorized reseller and I used get at least 20% off list on stuff I buy from him $1000.00 retail :D
- HDMI Insta Preview (Though I am more interested on how it works, because it may cause me to upgrade my 80.3 when the Pre/Pro Version comes out)
Concerns:
- I have had 0 issues with my DHC 80.3 since I changed amps, but a little concerned about quality(3yr warranty is good!)
- I originally wanted a small unit, but this seems to have a lot more bang for the buck then the Marantz NR series
- It's has Audyssey, but not 32. (Not an issue for me because I am starting out with 2 Channel)
- May not be out until September :(

This unit is going to be for my bedroom so for right now just going to pair it with a set of Golden Ear Aon 2 Speakers. Decided these over the Paradigm Studio 10s or 20s based on price and overall quality of sound from testing.

Here are some links:

Integra Debuts Receiver With Built-In Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

Would definitely appreciate any input on Specs, since most of you know a lot more about how to analyze them better than me :D

Products

Last edited:
A

allargon

Audioholic General
This looks like last year's TX-NR717 reborn as an Integra?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not quite: TX-NR717 Its rear panel more closely resembles the 727 model.

Differences Observed so far:

- Built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, the NR717 has neither
- Little less power rating on the amp DTR-30.5
- Direct/Pure Mode on Onkyo / DSD-Direct Mode on Integra
- No 12v Triggers on the Onkyo from what I can tell from the picture
- 3yr Warranty for the Integra
- 1 Less HDMI input on Integra
- Removable Power cord on Integra

I know that Onkyo and Integra are basically the same with little difference, but reviewing the amps specs there are some differences, just don't know if they will result in any real world differences in sound.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Not quite: TX-NR717 Its rear panel more closely resembles the 727 model.

Differences Observed so far:

- Built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, the NR717 has neither
- Little less power rating on the amp DTR-30.5
- Direct/Pure Mode on Onkyo / DSD-Direct Mode on Integra
- No 12v Triggers on the Onkyo from what I can tell from the picture
- 3yr Warranty for the Integra
- 1 Less HDMI input on Integra
- Removable Power cord on Integra

I know that Onkyo and Integra are basically the same with little difference, but reviewing the amps specs there are some differences, just don't know if they will result in any real world differences in sound.
The 727 doesn't have preouts.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/85493-onkyo-tx-nr727-7-2-ch-network-v-receiver-preview.html

Perhaps the 828 is a more appropriate comparison?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting: the 828 which took me a while to find, has THX certification while the Integra 30.5 does not, but it is definitely a close match

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't delve through the specs, sorry. I'm just writing to say - did you notice those antennas on the back! :eek: I'm guessing that you can detach them, but I'm surprised that they wouldn't have included internal antennas at that price.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I thought about those antennas as well, not sure if they did that to lower expense or they didn't want to cause interference with the internals. By the looks of it you could probably detach them and get a separate hookup antenna, but that is just a guess (Just like a lot of old school wireless routers) It is Wireless N compatible. Another disappointing feature is that it uses an older version of Bluetooth (2.1 vs 4.0 which is current) TBH I am not sure if it will have any impact on compatibility or performance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis