Integra 80.3??? Kinda need help quick

M

Method

Junior Audioholic
I have the oppty to pick one of these up new for about $1,400. I believe they retail for about twice that (or did). Money is not a real issue, and I dont really have the cabinet space for sep's. Is this the one I want? Is there anything else up to say, $3-5k I should be looking at?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Price seems good, but IMH the Denon AVR-4520 is a better buy. They both have Audyssey XT32. If you don't believe in Audyssey then Yamha's RX-A equivalent model would be on top of my list.

My concerns with the Integra/Onky are:

15 to 18 lbs heavier than equivalent Marantz/Denon models yet all available lab measurements in the past indicate they did not do better in 2 channel and all channel outputs.

Reportedly run hot, so longivity may not be as good as the cooler run units from D&M and Yamaha.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Integra may have better quality than Onkyo, but I am also still reticent to recommend. :D

I would try either Denon/Marantz (for Audyssey XT32, dual Sub EQ, & DEQ) or Anthem (for ARC & Dolby Volume Modeler) and get the one that sounds better.

I am also reticent about anything Dolby (except for the TrueHD), so I favor Denon/Marantz. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
As someone who has actually has the unit, I can comment on the fact that $1400.00 is an excellent buy for this unit.
1. Is this a new unit?
2. Is it a B-Stock by Integra?
3. Is it the DTR 80.3 Receiver or the DHC-80.3 Pre/Pro?

It is an excellent Pre/Pro, but it definitely is not perfect.
1. I have never been disappointed with both audio & Video
2. I have never had a single issue with mine, it does come with a 3 year warranty if new, 2 year with B stock (non transferable)
3. I am pretty sure it has Dual Sub control, though I am still a poor guy with only one sub

Keep in Mind
1. It does NOT do 4k pass through it only upscales
2. It is not AirPlay Friendly w/o and adapter

IMO if you can wait, as I am doing, I am wanting to see what new receivers come with the HDMI 2.0 Standard as I plan on upgrading to 4k TV and want the extra bandwidth.

Bottom line though at $1400 that is a great buy

Last edited:
M

Method

Junior Audioholic
Its a brand new DTR 80.3.

When is the new flagship dropping?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The 60.5 was for lack of better terms, a disaster. Early reviews were fairly consistent in their opinion. In this case I think the 80.3 is the better value.

That being said the 60.5 is not their flagship, and there is no current information on an 80.5 that I am aware of.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I have the oppty to pick one of these up new for about $1,400. I believe they retail for about twice that (or did). Money is not a real issue, and I dont really have the cabinet space for sep's. Is this the one I want? Is there anything else up to say, $3-5k I should be looking at?
I went from the Integra DHC 80.2 to the Denon AVR 4520ci and have been very satisfied. The Integra may experience more reliability issues. As Peng and AcuDefTecGuy suggested, you might well be better off with Denon or Marantz!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis