Insignia IS-HC040917 Questions

S

straypup

Audiophyte
I have a few questions maybe a few of you pros can answer for me. I have an insignia IS-HC040917 reciever and was wondering if it might work in a D.J. setting. The speakers I also own are Pro Studio series with two 15" subs, 6" mid, and a horn tweeter. I do not know the RMS of the speakers. My Kenwood 500 watt 5.1 surround reciever went down that was running them before. If it will work, how can I get the most power from the speakers. Thank you in advance. Brandon

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
First off, Pro Studio speakers are not meant to be used as sound reinforcement. They will go louder than most home audio speakers, but the drivers do not have as high of tolerance as professional grade sound reinforcement speaker systems.

Second, a receiver, especially one as puny as the Insignia, will not do well in a high output scenario. I'd recommend getting a Behringer A500, more powerful than the receiver, and it will fit the application and the speakers. If you put a more powerful amp on those speakers you run a risk of damaging the speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis