InFocus IN76 Very Dim Replacement Bulb

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
I just got a neat InFocus IN76 at a Goodwill thrift store for under $30 USD :) and the bulb that was in it had over 5000 hours on it but still was pretty good.

I wanted to get a new bulb so it would be brighter, so I got a bulb and housing online and when I installed it, it is extremely dim. Much worse than the 5000 hour bulb.

Is there a reason for this, does the bulb just need to be put on for a while to get to full brightness? I have never replaced a bulb before so I am not sure exactly what is wrong.

Thanks for your help!!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just got a neat InFocus IN76 at a Goodwill thrift store for under $30 USD :) and the bulb that was in it had over 5000 hours on it but still was pretty good.

I wanted to get a new bulb so it would be brighter, so I got a bulb and housing online and when I installed it, it is extremely dim. Much worse than the 5000 hour bulb.

Is there a reason for this, does the bulb just need to be put on for a while to get to full brightness? I have never replaced a bulb before so I am not sure exactly what is wrong.

Thanks for your help!!
Did you check the bulb voltage? May be it is a 220 or 240 volt bulb meant for another market with higher voltage.

Only two things will cause your problem, either you have the wrong voltage bulb or you bought one of too low a power/lumens.

In any event obviously the replacement bulb is not of the correct spec.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Did you check the bulb voltage? May be it is a 220 or 240 volt bulb meant for another market with higher voltage.

Only two things will cause your problem, either you have the wrong voltage bulb or you bought one of too low a power/lumens.

In any event obviously the replacement bulb is not of the correct spec.
Or a cheap / Chinese bulb purchased off ebay wasn't up to spec.

Where did the OP make the purchase of the replacement bulb? Was it from a reputable source?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis