infinity ps210w subwoofer

N

notsopro

Audiophyte
Hey guys i ordered one of these to replace my Polk psw10 sub. Did calibration with my avr it sounds great but the level is -10 with the knob at halfway is this fine? or should i low the knob and redo calibration.. thanks.

Also I ordered from harmon audio's website as clearance and received this unit as a refurbished.. This doesn't seem right so I'll prob give them a call tomorrow although the unit looks good. Any taughts on this..

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Hey guys i ordered one of these to replace my Polk psw10 sub. Did calibration with my avr it sounds great but the level is -10 with the knob at halfway is this fine? or should i low the knob and redo calibration.. thanks.

Also I ordered from harmon audio's website as clearance and received this unit as a refurbished.. This doesn't seem right so I'll prob give them a call tomorrow although the unit looks good. Any taughts on this..
The rule is to typically keep the levels around 0db give or take 3db. I would back off on the sub gain to about 1/4 or halfway in between. Redo the calibration and you should be good.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Clearance" is a word often used to mean "refurbished" especially in the audio world. You can give them a call if you'd like, but I presume they will tell you the same thing.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
"Clearance" is a word often used to mean "refurbished" especially in the audio world. You can give them a call if you'd like, but I presume they will tell you the same thing.
Actually at the harmon store there are two separate pages for clearance and refurbished. Clearance products are supposed to be new and sealed. I don't see anything here that's listed as a refurb, but I could have missed something.
HarmanAudio.com - Official Online Store of Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity & AKG

Here's the refurb page:

G

Grador

Actually at the harmon store there are two separate pages for clearance and refurbished. Clearance products are supposed to be new and sealed. I don't see anything here that's listed as a refurb, but I could have missed something.

Here's the refurb page:
Well that is far more concrete than my conjecture. If you don't like that you got a refurb call them for sure.

N

notsopro

Audiophyte
I got it down to -2 with knob on sub being pretty darn low should i aim for +2? also their website does have a different tab for refurbished.. what's odd though is I see their refurbished unit costing more... I'll prob end up giving them a call or email just been a bit busy. thanks again

G

Grador

I got it down to -2 with knob on sub being pretty darn low should i aim for +2? also their website does have a different tab for refurbished.. what's odd though is I see their refurbished unit costing more... I'll prob end up giving them a call or email just been a bit busy. thanks again
Where you have it should be fine, might even want to dial the sub back up a little. It's best to try to avoid extremes on either end, subwoofer or receiver.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I would keep the subs volume knob between 10 and 12 o'clock and let the receiver fall where it may. I don't like to limit the amp in the sub by setting it too low if at all possible. Cutting the signal from the receiver is not a big deal unless it won't trip the auto detect feature in the subs amp at low volumes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis