Infinity Primus 150 vs Infinity Beta 20

akarma

akarma

Audiophyte
I bought pair of Primus 150 for 30 bucks some time ago and i was amazed what a neutral and great sound they can put out. I'm using Primus 150 with my receiver and subwoofer in my bedroom for watching TV and listening some music. I began to think that if so budget model can sound so great may be i should try some other products from Harman in searching more gems :). I can buy Beta 10/ Beta 20. I saw good reviews about these speakers. May be someone had a chance to listen all these speakers and share with impressions and thoughts?

akarma

akarma

Audiophyte
150.jpg

This is the measurement which i 'd done with UMIK-1 from 1 meter. Left and right speaker are almost identical and frequency response is quite linear

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I am a fan of the Beta 20 and enjoyed them more compared to the Primus series speakers ... the Primus always sounded thin to me compared to the Beta

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yep. But Primus should be paired with subwoofer if you want full body sound
I am not talking about the bass ... I am talking about the overall resolution of the midrange and lower treble

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have some P363s as my mains and some 163s stored in a closet. Love them both but currently don't, need to run 2 pair. They had great reviews here and on Stereophile and Absolute Sound. I think your 150s also had a great review on Stereophile.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I bought pair of Primus 150 for 30 bucks some time ago and i was amazed what a neutral and great sound they can put out. I'm using Primus 150 with my receiver and subwoofer in my bedroom for watching TV and listening some music. I began to think that if so budget model can sound so great may be i should try some other products from Harman in searching more gems :). I can buy Beta 10/ Beta 20. I saw good reviews about these speakers. May be someone had a chance to listen all these speakers and share with impressions and thoughts?
Get both then decide haha wish I had room for more speakers I’m low on space .

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
P163 is the latest and, as far as I know, was discontinued years ago already. I don't think they've released a new Primus model or even a replacement for it recently.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I purchased my P363s and P163s back in late 2012. They were discontinued soon after. If you want these speakers, you will have to buy used. BTW the 163s are in storage but the 363s are my mains in a 2-channel system and are still working flawlessly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I used the P163s for a while as well. Solid all around speaker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis