J

james_j2001

Audiophyte
So I decided it was time for decent 5.1 speakers and heard about the great deals you can get on the Primus speakers. I only had to wait about 3 days before I was able to get a pair of 363s from Fry's for $109 each. A couple of weeks later I got a pair of 163s for $59 each. It all seemed pretty easy. Now I need the center, but it's almost like the pc351 doesn't exist. I can get it on Amazon for $275, but that seems pretty pricey compared to the others. No one else even has it in stock, including Harman. Does anyone know what's going on with these? Are they making any more? Do I need to bite the bullet and pay $275? Thanks for your help.

LOA5000

LOA5000

Audioholic Intern
I cant check out with it. It says error. Cant check out with anything on this site. Also theres no telephone number to order anything ether

J

james_j2001

Audiophyte
Thank you for the suggestion. I had forgotten about that one and it is the best price I've seen. Unfortunately, like loa, I couldn't get it to work. I had tried them before and it didn't work and due to the lack of an address or phone number I just moved on and forgot about them.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Harman has refurbs in stock for $193 if you're willing to go that route - Harman Audio - PC351BK

Crutchfield also has them in stock brand new ($280), as well as open box ($252), and scratch & dent ($238) - infinity primus at Crutchfield.com
That's the catch with these, I rarely see a great price on the center. These are probably reasonable, FWIW.

You could also consider one of the lower level centers in the line, or is your setup allows, use another 363 or 163 for the center.

J

james_j2001

Audiophyte
That's the catch with these, I rarely see a great price on the center. These are probably reasonable, FWIW.

You could also consider one of the lower level centers in the line, or is your setup allows, use another 363 or 163 for the center.
Well, I had considered getting the pc251, but I thought I read elsewhere on this forum that it wouldn't be able to hang with the 363s and was better suited to the 253s. Is this true?

I think refurb is looking like the way to go.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I had considered getting the pc251, but I thought I read elsewhere on this forum that it wouldn't be able to hang with the 363s and was better suited to the 253s. Is this true?

I think refurb is looking like the way to go.
Yeah, I'm sure the 351 is better than the 251 and better suited to the 363s. I'm just saying that if price is really a driving factor, then it is an option to go to a lesser center.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Uh yeah I wouldn't recommend buying from gamestoysonline or whatever. Definitely shady.

LOA5000

LOA5000

Audioholic Intern
Decide.com is predicting 64 dollar price drop on the center speaker with in 2 weeks i am going to wait my self

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis