Infinity Beta 50 or Infinity Delta 60

TankTurner

TankTurner

Audiophyte
I currently have Infinty Beta 50s and matching Center Beta 360 and POLK AUDIO/Xi A6 Bipole/Dipole and picked up some Polk audioT90e for the rears on the cheap.I now have a lead on some infinity delta 60s $500(thinking about switching the 50s to the rear and the deltas to the front.....or buying two more 50s bout same price and a matched set of 4.

Simple which is the better speaker? Infinity beta 50s or delta 60s

I have connected my Onkyo new(used)TX-NR808 ,FR, FL & Center preouts to My (previous)Sony STRG800’s ,Multi Channel inputs and used the button on the front “Multi Channel Direct’ button. And I now have the 2nd amp/receiver(sony) powering all three (straight through just amplification)(no distortion). And also have all speaker volume control with the main volume control on Onkyo. (i have my sony on a preset volume)(then calibrated all levels accordingly and set). sounds great ..Depth and Sound stage are finally full and sound great..for me. And all that I have to do is power up the two units on start up. But i think i can power up both at same time using remote programming options.
i dont think i will have any problems if i get the deltas with the 6 ohm load, now that I have the separate receiver powering my two fronts and center. The center is 8 hm .
....This can really be addictive... Ive definitely caught the bug!

any advice suggestions ideas are appreciated

Here are the speaker specs and pics. Thanks

Specifications:
infinity C360 Center (current)

● Drivers: One 1" Tweeter, One 4" Midrange, Two 6.5"
Woofers
● MFR: 45 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
● Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
● Sensitivity: 91 dB @ 2.83v @ 1 m
● Recommended Power: 10 - 200 Watts
● Dimensions: 8.5" H x 25.6" W x 11.75" D
● Weight: 34.5 Pounds
...................................................................................

Infinity beta 50 Tower (current)(buy two more and have four matched)

● Drivers: One 1" Tweeter, One 5" Midrange, Two 8"
Woofers
● MFR: 35 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
● Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
● Sensitivity: 91 dB @ 2.83v @ 1 m
● Recommended Power: 10 - 250 Watts
● Dimensions: 41.3" H x 10.4" W x 14.8" D
● Weight: 62.5 Pounds/Each

OR
....................................................................................

Infinity Delta 60 specs (Buy two Deltas and use them as fronts and move 50s to rear)
  • Sensitivity dB @ 1m/2.83V 90dB
  • Impedance (ohms) 6
  • Bass Driver 2 X 210mm
  • Midrange Driver 110mm
  • High Frequency Driver EMIT-R
  • Power Rating 25 - 200 watts
  • Dimensions HxWxD 44 3/4 x 11 3/16 x 16 1/2"
  • Frequency Response 30 - 35kHz

Attachments

G

GeneC

Junior Audioholic
Conventional wisdom suggests all three front speakers be from the same brand group so unless you think you can scare up a Delta center then I'd stick with the Beta's. But don't pay anywhere near $500/pr for them $200/pr is more like it these days.

I don't know much about the Delta series but they use the Emit-R tweeter which is a completely different type of tweeter then the one used in the Beta's.

TankTurner

TankTurner

Audiophyte
Thanks, I think I was overlooking that fact because i was intrigued at the prospect of getting a "Deal" on the Deltas...Thanks for helping me see what i was overlooking. I going with the Beta 50s. Thanks Again

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The Delta's would not be a suitable replacement for the Betas. You're talking about speakers separated by decades in advancements. The Beta series speakers are extremely well designed and a lot of effort went into making a superb all around performer. Worlds apart.

G

GeneC

Junior Audioholic
I really had no idea which was the better series. New doesn't always mean better. There are those who feel the Beta's were a step backward from the IL series but that might have to do with their repspective confrigurations as much as anything else. The IL 40's with their 8" woofers and the 50's and 60's with their powered subwoofers. But people really praise that Emit-R tweeter used in the Cresendo series which was also used in the Delta line.

Anyway, as I said, don't over-pay for the Beta 50's. There's a guy on ebay selling a pair of 50's and a C360 for only $150! Seems too good to be true but it's local p/u only. I was only able to get $185 for my Cherry 50's on CL last year. Boo-hoo (insert tear right.......here X ).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I really had no idea which was the better series. New doesn't always mean better. There are those who feel the Beta's were a step backward from the IL series but that might have to do with their repspective confrigurations as much as anything else. The IL 40's with their 8" woofers and the 50's and 60's with their powered subwoofers. But people really praise that Emit-R tweeter used in the Cresendo series which was also used in the Delta line.

Anyway, as I said, don't over-pay for the Beta 50's. There's a guy on ebay selling a pair of 50's and a C360 for only $150! Seems too good to be true but it's local p/u only. I was only able to get $185 for my Cherry 50's on CL last year. Boo-hoo (insert tear right.......here X ).
If it's that guy in LA, it is for the center only.

TankTurner

TankTurner

Audiophyte
Thanks I see that ad on ebay its confusing the pic shows a beta 360 on top of (what looks like)Beta 40s with 6 1/2" woofers the 50s have 8". And the ad is $150 for the Center 360 only. I thought something was wrong . i appreciate the feedback though..i read that about the deltas tweeter also .cool ,thanks again

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis