M

miggs29

Audioholic
I will try to make this short, but it is kind of a long story. My Cars blue ray movie does not play on my Panasonic DMP-BD55. Disney told me to send the movie back so that they could check it out. I just received the movie back. It looks like it is a new one. However, this one also does not play. Same message as before (Incompatible disk). The crazy thing is that the old movie used to work fine. It just stopped working one day. The other crazy thing is that other movies (Blue ray or Plain DVD), along with CDs work OK. My panny is on firmware version 2.1. Do you guys have any ideas????????

Please help!

selden

selden

Audioholic
That error message suggests to me that there's a Region mismatch.

Has your player been modified for multi-region play, perhaps?

Some region-locked discs will not work on a player set to DVD Region 0 -- you have to set it to the correct region in order to get them to play.

Another possibility is that there's dust on the reading assembly. You might try cleaning the player.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't tried another region disc in my BD-60, but on my Oppo and PS3 it will give you a message that the disc is not the correct region. The only time I had a disc not play in the BD-60 was a burned one and that disc played in my other players fine. I don't think that was the message it gave me though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis