Impact Acoustics August 2005 Contest Giveaway - 3Play Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There is no question, I use my system 90%+ for television and movies. I have never been an audio person, but I do have a distributed audio network in my home...

Well, if that counts, then 50% music. But, that is for background music while I work and get things done around the house. My main system, when it is on, is almost exclusively playing a tv show or a movie. I already have been struggling with the compoennt video issue as I have 5 component sources... and only 3 component inputs on my receiver. So I will likely end up with something just like the 3-Play.

The future? The future is all about HD discs for me. I have almost no interest in purchasing another movie on DVD when I know that I would much rather have it in HD. That's where I'll be in a year or so... waiting in line for my Blu-Ray PS3.

L-Jay

L-Jay

Junior Audioholic
gene said:
Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?

Hhhhhmmmm let's see. I own over 100 DVD's and I have a HT set up in my main room,bedroom and garage. I been into HT for 6 years and I love it. Choppers whirling, jets flying, bullets whizzing pass. I love it. My main purpose for purchasing anything is solely for the purpose of HT, my music gets to go along for the ride.

I look foward to HD DVD and 7.1 technology in the future. Yes, the future is looking great for HT lovers like myself. By the way did say I love HT

Z

zoom3

Audiophyte
My system is used 85% movies, 10% music and 5% games, it will stay used mostly for movies and the only thing I will add in the kinda near future would be a plasma TV, then I'll get the itch to upgrade the receiver and speakers.

M

mmmmcheese

Audiophyte
For me my audio equipment is used about 80% for music 18% for games and 2% for movies. In the future I see myself getting a home theater setup and using my setup for movies alot more.

J

jrfuda

Audioholic Intern
Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?

I mostly use my system for movies, followed by music, with no gaming. I see my pattern continuing this way, especially as the abiity to distribute hi-quality video/audio throughout the house increases.

R

RMK!

Interesting Thread

I use my system 60% music and 40% HDTV (sports) and movies (no gaming). Although we watch a lot of movies and HDTV, music is a constant in our house and will continue to be. I make my buy decisions and system component purchases based upon those ratios but my cost for audio has been 4X what I spent for video.

colin.p

colin.p

Audioholic Intern
"Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?"

I would say I use my system more for movies and TV watching and occasionally for music.
So I guess it is 95% movies/TV and only 5% music. But then again, if I spent alot of time listening to music, I would "just have to" upgrade to better speakers. ;)

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming?

I use my system for for 60% TV, 35% movies, and about 5% for music. If i play games it will be on my computer.

In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?

One thing I see in the future is the integration of computers into the TH realm. Media PC's are present now for few but I think they will become the industry standard. Just like "pay TV boxes" (satalite/cable)...Now, They seem to be in every home. Imagine living today with a TV that has "JUST" an antenna hook up!!! How would you survive? With that being said, Once computers are playing a larger role in the HT world I can see my use pattern shift to include a little more gaming in the future. I still listen to music but usually in my car.

D

dustytymes

Audiophyte
I currently am in the broadcast industy (Not employed, but currently volunteering. Sort of like an internship). I have found that it's mostly a mixed bag. MOST of it's for TV (50%), but I tape Music at least half the time (49%), as for gaming...I don't have much time for that (1%). I hope this helps. :D

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
movies first, but my interest in music is slowly growing since i keep purchasing music dvd's.

its still about 70% ht

15% gaming
15% music. (dvd's)

as for the future, ill have to upgrade my tv, receiver, and dvd player once all the newer hd comes out. I think my ht will still be about 60-70% of total usage.

E

ericb

Audioholic Intern
music

65% music, 30% movies and 5% gaming. and the music is increasing.

P

Packk01

Audioholic Intern
I currently use my system about 90% for movies and 10% for music. I expect that it will continue this way in the future as I prefer watching movies to listening to music except when I am working at home.

F

flobid

Audiophyte
At this time I use my system about 85% for movies and 15% for music.
We are really big on watching movies and TV at this time in our lives.

R

RONJEANNE48

Audiophyte

I currently use my system to watch movies/TV about 80% of the time and listen to audio sources (minidisc, CD, etc) about 20% of the time. I feel that this is likely to remain about the same ratio in the forseeable future.

L

ljbrun

Enthusiast
If looking at just movies and music, it's;
90% Movies
10% Music

When just considering visual stuff, it's;
50% HD programming
20% other programming
30% DVD's

The future ratio probably looks similar, but HD programming (especially sports, movies & concerts) will become even more important.

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
gene said:
To be eligible to win, you must:
1) Have either USA or Canadian residency.
2) Answer the following question before the contest end date of August 31, 2005. Winners will be selected shortly thereafter.

Currently I use my system mostly for Movies (about 60%), TV (about 35%), gaming (5%) and music (0%, music is reserved to my computer/ipod/headphones). I love my TiVo's. The few things keeping me from using the TiVo's more, and thus watching more TV and less movies, is the fact that HD DVR's are too expensive, storage is too limited and HD rollout has been slow.

I expect my TV and gaming percentages will increase in the future. In the near future I will probably buy Xbox 360. I anticipate Xbox 360 will increase my gaming (obviously) but will also increase my TV viewing with it's media center functionality.

I also anticipate my TV watching to increase as more stations start broadcasting in HD. If we're lucky by November 2006 we will see near total compliance. Hopefully by this time the price for HD TiVo's/DVR's will have dropped in price and storage will have increased. Ideally we would see a dual cable card/HD TiVo.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

baring5

Audiophyte
40%tv/dvd 25%gaming 35%music

hopefully I will have more time for gaming in the NEAR future and be able to upgrade all my equipment. :)

sks939

sks939

Enthusiast
Now >Tivo'd TV - 75%, DVDs -20%, CDs - 5%
Future (after the remodel is finished and hw upgraded) >TV(HD mostly) - 50%, DVDs - 30%, CD & SACDs - 20%

I would like to experiment with games on my future 55" plasma, but I don't think my wife will put up with it on a regular basis, so I'll be relegated to the office for gaming.

Bodymechanic

Bodymechanic

Junior Audioholic
3-play

My family and I use our HT set-up for about 70% Movies. It's the one hobby we all have in common. The rest of the time we listen to music with it. There's always some CD spinning as either back-ground noise, entertaining with or just for the enjoyment of listening to our favorite artists.

We haven't ventured into gaming yet but that will all change very shortly with the new HD gaming systems. Our kids are just getting to the age when they will probably enjoy gaming.

We have our main HT in the living room, another smaller set-up in the bedroom and still a third small system in the kids 'play-room'. A 3-play might be just what the doctor ordered ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis