I'm looking for a device to play FLAC files to my AVR

G

goldenwings

Enthusiast
Hi,

Over the last years I've ripped most of my CD collection to FLAC, and bought a lot of music in digital format.
I'm playing those files to my AVR with my WD music player, connecting an external hard disc to the USB port of the WD, and then to my Denon AVR 2308 (with the optical, HDMI or RCA connections).
To choose the audio files I also need to use my TV as a monitor, since the WD media player don't have a screen.

I prefer to have a media player with it's own screen to choose the audio files easily, I guess a tablet with a HDMI output will do a good job, but I guess it could be a more dedicated device to this purpose.

Can anybody help me in this quest? must I look for a tablet? or there's something else that will work better for my purpose?
The device should be able to be connected to an external portable hard disk through USB, or maybe to a PC through wi-fi, and have it's own colour touch screen.

G

goldenwings

Enthusiast
Thanks for the info crp762, unfortunately, I have the standard WD player, the one wich don't have wi-fi.
But is good to know this option in the WD TV, I can eventually update my player with the new model!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis