yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Not your average (or by any regards) spam message. Scratch that.

I've been gone too long. Can't remember when I posted on here last. :eek:

In audio related news, the only thing recent added is an Adcom source line controller (haha, it has no pre-amp at all technically), because I'm too lazy to change out the pre-amp selector switch in the DSP-A1000.

But, I may be looking for a big amp again. I miss the 2201.

On a unrelated note, I'm back to work again (hence my absence) and finally broke down (in more ways than one) and bought a new car. 2011 Corolla.

Definitely not my first choice, or favorite, but analyzing it, I have quite a few options I wanted to have and gas mileage that edges out what I was driving (now I fill up once a week instead of twice, yay). Plus, the drivetrain, while old and archaic by todays standards (4 speed auto, only 132 hp out of a 1.8), is what I would consider reliable. Not SBC 350 mated to a 700R4 reliable, but should run like a Swiss Watch the way I drive.

Also, I eventually wanted itasha.

.....umm, WTF. I kid of itasha, seriously.
This commercial, I have not seen on air yet, confuses the hell out of me.
I get Hatsune Miku, the Vocaloid, and all that. And I get the commercial; sort of. But, they aren't catering to the right people in my opinion. Isn't that kind of advert reserved for the likes of Scion?

Well, I'll give them a coupe things. People will see it and go "WTF" and sure remember the weird screaming fetish. And two, it might have had drug induced thoughts about the idea of the commercial. I still don't know why they are associating the car with her. Maybe because owning one will make you scream like that?

Nah, because I haven't, yet.

Also, mine, save for the stupid and pricey S trim level (well, it's stupid if you don't get a HP bump and better suspension), looks pretty much like the one in the commercial.

If Photo***bucket would quit being a erohw, I'd probably put something up. But, it isn't liking me right now.

As for the reasoning why THAT car, well, I drive A LOT back and forth to work, as well as other places that probably don't help me out. And my current employer won't take one late day; might as well look for another job if you do. Being a first new car (the last car was bought used with 78k and drove it up to 191,500, in 8 years), I wanted something that wasn't a total cheese box, and not terribly expensive.

Financially; aside from advice on an investment standpoint that new cars are always stupid, I'm actually saving money in a few regards versus the old one. For starters, I don't have to put a quart of oil and anti-freeze in every week. That got pretty old. I don't have to worry about near low limit compression numbers (well, still 30 or so PSI from what the service book would call "rebuild time") anymore. I have ice cold AC, where as on the old car, it was merely an engine ballast. No more busted motor mounts. No more rust bubbles and failed clear coat.

I pretty much reached a point where things were failing quicker than I had time to fix them. It wasn't so much about money, but that I just plain wore it out. And as hard as I drove it, for as long as I did, and as many winters endured, it's earned my seal of awesome. Still a easily restoreable car for a enthusiast, but too much time and energy for a daily driver.

After factoring into account $4.50 gas, and lack of fluids required each week, I'm only spending $175 or so a month for 4 years, for a new car. Also, with no penalty for monthly principal overpayment (so I get pay it off faster and help my credit as I don't have any really), it's win freaking win.

I know someone will chime in and say "You should have gotten XXXXXXXXX Excelsior car; it's only $XX,XXX and gets XXMPG", but I stand by my choice.

I stand by it, because it's well optioned, crossing my fingers reliable (which I'm honestly sure it will be), and not falling apart in my driveway right now. Toyota has proven to me, in other family and friend circles, that they can hang around for stone-ages without major faults. And while some argue that every brand can succumb to catastrophic failure, and the gas pedal thing, it dosen't sway me much, if at all.

If I didn't have to drive far, or could afford to miss or be late every so often, I may have chosen something more, potent. But, I can easily afford this, barely pay for gas, and get something that will keep me cold in the summer, and be able to put wax on for the first time in years.

Also, for those I haven't scared away yet, I plan on doing a review of the six speaker system in the vehicle. I'll give you a spoiler:
Satellite radio still sounds like a poorly encoded 240p YouTube video over dial up modem :D

Last edited by a moderator:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
He's back...

Hope the car treats you well and you move out of the pizza box soon.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis